Ignition wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition wire?

I got a radio along with the harness that plugs into the factory harness wire, although when I connect the 12v ignition wire to the one on the adapter harness the radion doesnt come on whn I turn the key to accesoris>I cant start the car to see if it works when the car is on due to I dont have my downpipe on.

I conected the wire to the cruise-control(I think) fuse under the dash and the radio works when I turn the key to ignition.
    I searched and coldnt find anything so can someone help me out lease?

Thank You
    --Derek--

can you take a picture of these harnesses and back of radio?
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
    US Navy Electrician
    Contact me if you need help on the side.
    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
    '01 Civic LX
    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

I think you want to connect the accessories wire, not the ignition wire. Ignition wire would only work when it was in the ignition position, whereas the accessories would work in both.

Comment

u wanna look for a yellow and red wire thats on the factory vehicle harness check ur pins on ur harness then if all wires are there and are correct check ur fuses both in the car and under the hood.if everything checks out there it looks as though ur radio may be bad.to test if the radio itself is bad tied ur constant and switch and the unit should turn on.but yes ur switch wire to the radio is yellow and red if u need anything else let me know ill advise as best i can.
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

When I connect the +12v ignition to a fuse under the dash and turn the ignition to accesory it will turn on.Or if I connect it to a constant 12v source it works of course. But I have the +12v ignition from the radio to the +12v ignition wire on the adapter harness, turn the key to accesorie and the radio doesnt work(I havent tried it with the car on becasue I cant right now).But it should work when on accesorie....

Also when the 2 dimmer wires are connected I turn the headlights on mess with the dimmer swith the gauges and everything dim out but the radio stays fully lit...

Comment

Bump....

Comment

did you check the radio fuse under the hood? and you can turn the key to position 2 without starting the car....and yes it should work on position 1...do you have the stock stereo to plug in and try? Also, check for voltage coming out of the vehicle side of the harness at the yellow wire with the key in positions 0, 1 and 2, the red wire at position 1 or 2, and the orange wire at position 1 or 2 and while turning the dimmer knob up and down slowly. you should have battery voltage coming out of the red and yellow wires, and the voltage should change up and down when you are checking the orange wire...if you are getting zero voltage from any or all of these wires, you need to make sure your voltmeter has a good ground...and also make sure you vehicle harness has good continunity to ground (at the black wire).

If i didn't make any sense please tell me.
              Last edited by drkshdw107; 12-13-2007, 07:24 PM. Reason: need to add
              "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
              ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
              US Navy Electrician
              Contact me if you need help on the side.
              '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
              '01 Civic LX
              '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107
                did you check the radio fuse under the hood? and you can turn the key to position 2 without starting the car....and yes it should work on position 1...do you have the stock stereo to plug in and try? Also, check for voltage coming out of the vehicle side of the harness at the yellow wire with the key in positions 0, 1 and 2, the red wire at position 1 or 2, and the orange wire at position 1 or 2 and while turning the dimmer knob up and down slowly. you should have battery voltage coming out of the red and yellow wires, and the voltage should change up and down when you are checking the orange wire...if you are getting zero voltage from any or all of these wires, you need to make sure your voltmeter has a good ground...and also make sure you vehicle harness has good continunity to ground (at the black wire).

If i didn't make any sense please tell me.
                That made alot of sense, il try and check it out tonight...

AutoZone & Checker both suck, neither one of them had the exhaust flangte gaskets.....just letting out fustration...

Comment

Well it turned out to be the fuse under the dash....

I am a complete noob on car audio....

How do you hook up 4 speakers to 1 amp....would that be a 4channel amp or what?

Comment

well 4 speakers would be ideal for a 4 channel amp are u just wanting to amp ur stock or aftermarket speakers?????
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                    X