Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagon owners' Stealthy audio setup layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon owners' Stealthy audio setup layout?

Wagon owners! I'm looking for new ideas on how to stealthily install my audio setup. I'm planning on running 3 amps with 1 10" sealed box. Any ideas? pictures?

thanks!

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7
    Wagon owners! I'm looking for new ideas on how to stealthily install my audio setup. I'm planning on running 3 amps with 1 10" sealed box. Any ideas? pictures?

thanks!

sorry
    MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

put two amps under your front seats or try to hide them in your rear panels with out much modification if you can and put the 3rd along with the sub in a box where your spare goes if you dont mind losing the spare.
      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

come on joey u know u can just pm me if u need info on wagon topics,lol. here you go bro. 3 4th gen ones and a 5th gen just for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
          put two amps under your front seats or try to hide them in your rear panels with out much modification if you can and put the 3rd along with the sub in a box where your spare goes if you dont mind losing the spare.
          I tried mock fitting my amps under the front seats, they're too big dimensionally. i have 2 amps with these dimensions: Length : 14.70" - Width : 9.85" - Height : 2.25"

I was thinking about ditching the spare entirely too, but since i drive out far and come home late often. I don't wanna get stuck 40 miles from home with no spare hahaha thanks tho..

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
          come on joey u know u can just pm me if u need info on wagon topics,lol. here you go bro. 3 4th gen ones and a 5th gen just for the hell of it.

hahah sorry felipe... i didn't mean to not pm you bout it... have more 4th gen pics? I'm looking for a more functional/stealth install. I still want to retain the ability to fold the rear seats down and have fully use-able 'bed'.

currently, i took all the plastic shelves off from under the carpet in hatch area. Replaced it with a plank of MDF board cut into shape (by blackcb7). 2 amps are currently mounted upside down onto the MDF. He then cut the board and installed door hinges so i can tilt the outer piece for access to the spare / amp. I will take pictures later.

I did this because i have/will not tint my windows, so people can easily see into the car/hatch area. also, the plastic shelves made more vibration noise than just 2 planks of wood. I'm running on omni power coilvers and 17" wheels so the ride quality is very stiff causing everything inside the car to sound as if i'm in a school bus... which is irritating... hahah

i like this one tho...

^maybe i'll talk to my local audio/electronics pro (ProJect) about this.. I like the sides where he mounted his subs. maybe wood fabricate something similar for the amps instead for the subs....

Comment

btw, have you guys seen anyone mount/mold amps to the headliner? with appropriate bracing of course..

Comment

Hmm, sounds interesting. I've thought about stealth installs as well, but our cars aren't really that stealth friendly. For the sub, you could fit it in a box right up next to the back seat. You could mount one of the amps to the back of the box near the back seats. The other two could be mounted in steath boxes on the sides (like where the 6x9 speaker and the extra storage box are)

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Why dont you just get the rear cover for the wagon? i know there rare but that would be your best bet and easiest solution cuzz no one will be able to look in your trunk and you can do any set up you want

Comment

Here is some pics of a Suburban... This might give you some ideas... ( I DID NOT DO THIS INSTALL)

Comment

Comment

i think it's the suburban is pretty cool good ideas nicely done
                      My other ride is your ex-wife

Comment

i like this one tho...

i think this one with a trunk cb9 cover and u r set no one could tell unless u ope n your hatch,lol. but that has been prety much my under cover for years, gotta love that cb9 oveer

Comment

Originally posted by 93cbh22
                          i think it's the suburban is pretty cool good ideas nicely done
                          yeah, It's given me some ideas for my next install...

Comment

wow... that suburban looks stock stock... great idea there.

i have the cargo cover, that'll of course take care of the stealth side for the most part no matter how the install is in there. but i still want to be able to fold down the back seats and be able to use the maximum floorspace w/o much hindrance from amp/enclosures.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7
                              wow... that suburban looks stock stock... great idea there.

i have the cargo cover, that'll of course take care of the stealth side for the most part no matter how the install is in there. but i still want to be able to fold down the back seats and be able to use the maximum floorspace w/o much hindrance from amp/enclosures.

here is what i did with my cb9..
                              i used an 8" sub, but you might be able to do a 10" also
                              i installed it my self so if you need any tips just let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X