Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 crank, rods, pistons in F22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 crank, rods, pistons in F22?

Just wondering if it'd be possible to use an h22 crank, rods, and/or pistons in the F22? would using any combo of the above yield any improvements?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Im 99% sure the crank fits, but no clue about the pistons and rods. I know, if the crank were to fit, it would destroke the f22 to about a 2.0L
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

it will fit but the stroke is too short on a h22, as well as the rod.

the bore is a 87mm and the furthest a f22 block would go without sleeving is a 86mm bore.

h22'ers put the f22 crank and rods to stroke their motors but it would be pointless vice versa.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I thought compression was higher in the H22?
        My Car

Comment

Yes the H are higher compression but;

Stay away from the H crap. F22 crank has a longer stroke and the F22 rods are the same rods that are used in the H23. If your looking to use any OEM forged 87mm pistons your going to have to sleeve your block. And I would suggest the 2008 Accord LxP K24 pistons, they are the same compression height (+/-0.5mm) That is manageable with a 3 layer head gasket and they are also 10.1:1 CR. To run the 31mm CH H pistons you would have to machine the head.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Wouldnt a higher compression mean longer rods?
            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
              Wouldnt a higher compression mean longer rods?
              yes and no, longer rods would mean higher compression, or taller pistons.
              wat?

Comment

Not exactly.... A higher compression can be the result of a few different factors. Piston type, Dome = higher compression Flat Top (0 or -) & Dish = Less, combustion camber CC's, rod length & stroke.... There are a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to compression ratio.

If you want to know more do a search for compression ratio on google

Here is a place to start your research;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_ratio
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

but it all makes sense. more volume at tdc = less compression. H22 compression is higher than f22. So, I would think h22 crank, pistons, and rods would increase compression on f22...

f22 crank, pistons, and rods in an H22 would lower compression... and create a TON of possibilities for turbo applications.

This is just how I understand it, but I think i'm wrong based on what I've read so far.
                  My Car

Comment

No The H22 rods are shorter, thats why the pistons are bigger so that it will still be 2.2L
                    wat?

Comment

meaning that when you install them into a f22 block, the piston (if one put a 86mm piston or 87 into a sleeved block) would sit furthur down the hole.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

So how is the H22 compression higher?
                        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                          So how is the H22 compression higher?
                          i dont think they use a dished piston but probably a flat top design which nets around 9-10:1.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

So, in theory, you could use the h22 crank, h22 rods, and f22 pistons. This would drop the CR below stock f22. For that reason, you could turbo the hell out of that engine and get a lot more hp.

... or am I wrong? :P

I'm not LOOKING to do this. I'm just having a convo about this so I get an idea of all of the aspects of bottom end internals.
                            My Car

Comment

8.8:1 compression ratio is perfect for turboing but for sake of conversation the setup would work.

as for getting mroe horespower, you want as much compression as possible without the risk of increasing the chance of detonation.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X