Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Redline Water Wetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redline Water Wetter

Lately, in AZ, its been WAY too hot, lol. like 114* avg for the past week or so. My car has been struggling to keep relatively cool in these temps. Should I consider adding a bottle of Redline Water Wetter to my antifreeze?

Or should I drain and fill w/ just water and this water wetter stuff?

I'm pretty convinced by this ad for it: http://www.redlineoil.com/products_c...coolantFlash=1

let me know your guy's thoughts....thanks.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

i put the royal purple ice in my radiator reservoir. i think it helped a lot actually. after my normal drives the car operates a lil better than it did before. less sluggish i should say

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

You should really use the coolant that i use from my car go to the mopar dealership and get 2 jugs of the coolant fo rhte srt4 our coolant is orange. And it keeps my car cool the needle doesnt raise over half and thats a turbo car and turbo cars get hot, yaknow just imagine what it would do for yours.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        You should really use the coolant that i use from my car go to the mopar dealership and get 2 jugs of the coolant fo rhte srt4 our coolant is orange. And it keeps my car cool the needle doesnt raise over half and thats a turbo car and turbo cars get hot, yaknow just imagine what it would do for yours.
        Dont be a dumbass.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Just use water, it has alot better cooling propertys than coolant. Just remember to drain and fill will coolant before winter.
          -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Water Wetter and the Royal Purple additives are crap, you might as well just add some dishsoap in your rad, it's basically the same thing. Shake a bottle of water wetter and you will see how it bubbles up. There is a product that has proven results, it's called Silkolene, I haven't tried it yet, but I will be.

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by customchord View Post
              Just use water, it has alot better cooling propertys than coolant. Just remember to drain and fill will coolant before winter.
              yeah right now, i used maybe 70% of that 50/50 prestone stuff and then the rest I added distilled water to top it off. The temp gauge still goes to about 3/4 sometimes when I'm on the highway for long periods of time. It even does it when cruising at 50mph in the city too.

Is Royal purple ice pretty good stuff? I'm using their oil currently and like it.

I'm just wondering, in these high heat conditions, should I go to one step colder plugs? like instead of NGK ZFR-5F11 plugs should I go to 6F11 plugs?
              Last edited by Losiracer2; 06-22-2008, 01:24 PM.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                Water Wetter and the Royal Purple additives are crap, you might as well just add some dishsoap in your rad, it's basically the same thing. Shake a bottle of water wetter and you will see how it bubbles up. There is a product that has proven results, it's called Silkolene, I haven't tried it yet, but I will be.
                two drops of palmolive
                www.850fab.com
                IG - @850Fab
                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

water wetter was made to be used with water only, it says this on the bottle.

personally, i would just use a 50/50 water and coolant mix. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Sometimes people have responses to questions that I silently memorize their name and from that point on, IGNORE EVERYTHING THEY SAY.

I don't know if you're serious or not, customchord, but I'm thinking you aren't kidding.

Ethylene glycol has two purposes:

1. Gaurantees fluid doesn't turn into ice under harsh winter conditions.

2. Prevents coolant from reaching boiling point in extremely hot conditions.

Antifreeze/Coolant takes longer to heat up and resist freezing MUCH better than water.

I'm sorry if this is obvious to everyone, but I merely wish to discredit the aforementioned statement about using water instead of coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      This stuff?

Dexcool is great. I run it in my civic and we run it in all our racecars.

Comment

Mj is correct. The makeup of antifreeze raises the boiling point of the liquid in the cooling system from 212 to around 224*. That can mean the difference between cooling your car with liquid, or cooling it with steam.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          Mj is correct. The makeup of antifreeze raises the boiling point of the liquid in the cooling system from 212 to around 224*. That can mean the difference between cooling your car with liquid, or cooling it with steam.
                          you also have to factor in that if the car runs cooler, it will take the same amount of time to get to that certain boiling point.

so if you run 50/50 and it raises the boiling point but the water runs at 200 wouldnt it be the same if the water runs at 180 and has a lower boiling point?
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

people aren't using Honda coolant?

Comment

I recently used water wetter with my coolant and noticed that the temp needle stays lower then usuall. At normal daily driving, the tempature seems to be cooler , thats what the needle shows.
                              "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

Working...
                              X