Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Delta cams??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta cams??

So whats up with these cams?? i remember a little over two years ago it seemed the Delta 272 Regrind was hott now i never hear anything about em?? is there a better one out now??
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Delta regrinds cams. You send the cam. They grind the lobes and send it back to you. There are better cams, but typicaly you don't get them reground, and you need other valvetrain upgrades to support them. 272 is a good bang for the buck. I have one and it does a good job of opening up the top end.

Comment

yea like what all you reccomend for upgrades to go along with the cam?? especially in a H23??

CG Coupe!

Comment

Your asking what to do with reground cams on an H23? Honestly the IM is pretty nice on those so the only thing I could think of would be a good header. After that it should be a good flowing motor. You'll most likely need somthing to compensate for the cam though. Either an afc or a chipped ecu.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
          Your asking what to do with reground cams on an H23? Honestly the IM is pretty nice on those so the only thing I could think of would be a good header. After that it should be a good flowing motor. You'll most likely need somthing to compensate for the cam though. Either an afc or a chipped ecu.
          no like i wouldn't have to upgrade or buy new valves or such?? like nothing headwise??

CG Coupe!

Comment

im 99% sure the 272 can be run on the stock valvetrain. d12crzy ran a 282 on stock springs and retainers but then again he tuned it himself and knows what he's doing
            OHIO CB7'S #11
            SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

damn 282?? whats the biggest that you can do?? 272 is the highest i have heard of

CG Coupe!

Comment

Honestly, I would stay away from Delta and go with Crower for H23 cams if you want real performance for your motor. I believe even Bisimoto sells cams for this application as well. If you stick with the lower level cams from both of these supplier, you will more than likely be able to retain the stock valvetrain. I agree on the better header suggestion as well and retained the stock intake system would be fine. You would need some engine management to get the most out of the cams.

Delta are generic cams not designed for the motor. Yes, they will improve over stock, but their powerband is not catered/designed for the motor.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

look at my threads about my delta 272 cam in my h23 head. you need upgrades to run it. you could run a 262 just fine.
                  spin city

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                    Honestly, I would stay away from Delta and go with Crower for H23 cams if you want real performance for your motor. I believe even Bisimoto sells cams for this application as well. If you stick with the lower level cams from both of these supplier, you will more than likely be able to retain the stock valvetrain. I agree on the better header suggestion as well and retained the stock intake system would be fine. You would need some engine management to get the most out of the cams.

Delta are generic cams not designed for the motor. Yes, they will improve over stock, but their powerband is not catered/designed for the motor.
                    oh ok well see i plan on buying it before my motor goes out anyway and like lightly build it a little before i throw it in

CG Coupe!

Comment

I plan on getting a better cam from bisimoto before it is all said and done. I will sell you my h23 delta 272 when that time comes, if you want it.
                      spin city

Comment

how much we talkin?

CG Coupe!

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                          I plan on getting a better cam from bisimoto before it is all said and done. I will sell you my h23 delta 272 when that time comes, if you want it.
                          can these cams be put in the f22a1 ... if so whats the results? how much?
                          The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
                          Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
                          He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

Working...
                          X