Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 pistons in H23?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a/a1 bare block = h23a1 bare block

putting h22 pistons in an h23 motor with h23 crank and rods bumps the compression considerably.
    www.850fab.com
    IG - @850Fab
    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

People wonder why I harp about stickies so much....................................
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

burn......

Comment

Must not venture too deep into Swaps.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries View Post
            Must not venture too deep into Swaps.
            id figure it would be in performanc tech since it isnt a swap but more technical and performance oriented.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I just read this thread on http://www.preludeonline.com/f28/sti...ons-h23-12938/
              supposedly it is very unsafe to run type-s pistons in the h23. It sound like to me that this problem could be fixed with h22 rods on the h23 crank. someone else give the .02.

Comment

you can mill the top of the pistons or run a thicker head gasket.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

how reliable of a combination is that, would it be easier to run h22 rods and a bit safer? You might lose a little displacement, but IMO it would be worth the compression, especially at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311 View Post
                    how reliable of a combination is that, would it be easier to run h22 rods and a bit safer? You might lose a little displacement, but IMO it would be worth the compression, especially at that price.
                    if you do it right, it will be very safe. just run a thicker head gasket or a lower lift camshaft.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

if i was going to go through with putting h22 pistons in a h23 i would be running a cam with the most lift possible, but thats how i would do it. Would the h22 rods work on the h23 crank and would that actually destroke the motor and you would not have to worry about running a thicker head gasket, or cam lift?

Comment

Working...
                      X