Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CF powerchamber intake? (passwordjdm.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think iceman makes anything anymore. ebay and craigslist i guess are all you got.

in other words, i wouldnt mind my car having a penis. but i have abs so i cant use one of those

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      i think slick was selling one
      wow just saw this and yes i have been trying. its not carbon fiber but its still a whale penis intake
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
        No it makes noticable gains. I can vouch for that.
        I can vouch for this too. I had a 97up Prelude Short ram and my old Tenzo-R 90-93 Accord intake. This intake definitely gulps more air than than those intakes. The 4.5 inch opening tapers down to a 2.75? at the throttle if I remember right and along with the ver.2 Velocity stack filters that come on some of these J's Copies (not sure of the password version) the sound is rediculous and it pulls mad on top end. Down lowend it gives good throttle response but what I noticed is when u give it extended throttle into v-tec....all I gotta say is u have to shift much quicker than you did before because the needle shoots up hella faster

I drove jdm_inspired's car b4 and after he put on the intake and the 1st to
        2nd up to 3rd v-tec engagement is rediculous. (also makes me want LSD...bastard) This caused me to buy the intake because I was in the market for another intake due to my 97up CP intake being a 2.75 rather than a 3". I'm very happy of this mod.

I've noticed some people fitting the ABS compatible ones in the Thailand boards. (member with the BLUE J's style intake) I've had a EK9 ABS compatible one and it didn't fit because it hit the ABS pump and the overall design was much shorter. The DC2/EK9 ABS compatible design looks more like a "J" shape while the original design is shaped still like a stretched "S".

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

it seems like most dont understand the benefit of the "penis" ok well now that ive been sexist anyway the concept of these style intakes are versions of the Helmholtz Resonator and the best and quickest explanation is the air inside the wider part is somewhat pressurized and that is what gives the better throttle response and then it also lets it breathe deeper up top and yes they are loud and yes the do work while i was in school we tested 7 different cars and fashioned this thing to them and we saw an improvement of 7 to 22 hp and i dont remember torque but it was better and smoother oh yeah and this was on stock vehicles mainly sedans and a few trucks and a mustang4.6 the 22hp increase came off of a 2001 Neon that was very interesting and all the dyno were backed by three consecutive runs yeah thats all ive got pretty nifty product

Comment

Yes this does make a difference. As for it being loud, only when in WOT, in which case you would want your car to sound like a beast...wouldnt you? Besides the fact of the sound, it does respond very well. My car felt slower when I went to washington and Kurobei had his fun time with it. When I got back I didnt see him for a few days so I used my Prelude AEM intake

Its a good intake, just not as responsive as to the power chamber.
            Kurobei can now chirp 2nd and 3rd gears in which he couldnt accomplish with his previous intake.

I highly recommend it. We are in the mists of retrofitting the chamber with a heatshield/cold air project.

We will update you guys on how it goes.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by AshesWagon View Post
              it seems like most dont understand the benefit of the "penis" ok well now that ive been sexist anyway the concept of these style intakes are versions of the Helmholtz Resonator and the best and quickest explanation is the air inside the wider part is somewhat pressurized and that is what gives the better throttle response and then it also lets it breathe deeper up top and yes they are loud and yes the do work while i was in school we tested 7 different cars and fashioned this thing to them and we saw an improvement of 7 to 22 hp and i dont remember torque but it was better and smoother oh yeah and this was on stock vehicles mainly sedans and a few trucks and a mustang4.6 the 22hp increase came off of a 2001 Neon that was very interesting and all the dyno were backed by three consecutive runs yeah thats all ive got pretty nifty product
              Since when did the period(.) disappear from the English language?

Comment

sorry typing is not my first language and i guess grammar isnt really to important to me i honestly dont use it enough

Comment

For those of you looking into this intake...

Do not buy this one, the bends do not work with our cars. It will run right into the distributor. I know because I bought the Memory Fab EK9 version and returned it to get the original design. From the looks of it, there was no way to fit it unless I made a custom coupler and stretched it about 3-4 inches out to get past my ABS + the distributor. It is not long enough to bend around the distributor if you just mount it onto the throttle.

There is one guy here with the Thai CB7 that managed to get his to fit but the mods he did to make it fit are uknown. it is quite possible it may be cut or angled it differently with a custom coupler. :shrugs:

ABS compatible EK9/DC2

Pictures of how it would looks in a Civic or Integra. Notice how close it is to the distributor in these cars already. Again Don't get this one unless you plan on cutting or fabbing something to make it work.

This is the original J's Racing design that will fit our cars with a battery relocation. Notice the "S" shape. The ones to stay away from are "J" shaped that were redesigned for ABS equipped cars.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                  JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                  1994 Prelude V-Tec
                  1999 CL 3.0
                  2000 Prelude
                  2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                  1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                  1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"