Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone else tired of gas prices check out this upgrade I found.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This shit works. I guy I work with bill has a setup similiar to this one on his dodge pick-up truck he doubled his gas milliage he gets 53 mpg. I might have some info on this his setup cost less than $200. I will ask him if he has anything that I can use for a refrence.
    One Day At A Time
    "Honda Connaisseur"
    1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
    1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
    1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
    1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
    Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
    Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

I love the price of gas. I love what our government has done to help out this "issue" so, for now, let's all just smile, wave, and thank those responsible for this wonderful, wonderful thing we have. I mean, we might as well take advantage of it while we can, who knows, we may be paying less for gas in the future, who knows?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
        I love the price of gas. I love what our government has done to help out this "issue" so, for now, let's all just smile, wave, and thank those responsible for this wonderful, wonderful thing we have. I mean, we might as well take advantage of it while we can, who knows, we may be paying less for gas in the future, who knows?!?!?
        lol

Time is money...

Comment

They Tried this on mythbusters... The car started and ran... but only because their was still gas in the float bowl, Honestly, not worth the effort...

Comment

I have posted on this subject on a few other forums. I have yet to see anyone give me any logged data numbers. No one has been willing to put there money where the here say is. All I keep hearing is I know a guy that upped his MPG or I gained MPG by doing this. Well F#@k I gained 20 MPG just by not driving like an idiot and keeping my RPM's under 3k at all times. You have to believe me because I typed it on the internet right!

I would like to see someone run one of these systems on a dyno. Log all the data and show us some real numbers on what this is doing to the operation of the engine. What do the AFR's look like? Are the EGT's effected at all? Do the intake air temps change? How is the manifold air pressure effected by this amazing brown gas? Post up some numbers pertaining to how the engine performs and how long the engine and it's parts will last and I will believe it.

*Edit*
            That episode of Mythbusters was a crock of shyte. They tried to run the car on HHO alone buy using one of these converters. I don't think they took this myth seriously at all. Probably because it is a sham in the end anyway. These brown gas, HHO, water4gas, contraptions are in no way meant to replace the existing fuel 100%. They are only supposed to aid in the burning of said fuel. And drop the amount of fuel needed to operate said vehicle.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-18-2008, 09:08 AM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I installed one of these the other day with some old pool cleaning equipment and chemicals I had lying around, it was a tight squeeze next to the inverse girdle fluxor though. Then I installed my direct exhaust injection system, all the boost, none of the lag, zero emissions!

Here's a blueprint I made available so everyone can try it.

MODERNIZE - ECONOMIZE - RECA'NIZE
              Last edited by accordaffair; 08-18-2008, 10:07 AM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair View Post
                I installed one of these the other day with some old pool cleaning equipment and chemicals I had lying around, it was a tight squeeze next to the inverse girdle fluxor though. Then I installed my direct exhaust injection system, all the boost, none of the lag, zero emissions!

Here's a blueprint I made available so everyone can try it.

MODERNIZE - ECONOMIZE - RECA'NIZE
                You did what!

Your gasses directly to the intake?????

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

bwahahhahahahah brilliant!
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

[British Accent]BRILLANT!!![/British Accent]
                    wat?

Comment

Well Hydrogen burns so ( that ) obviously works. The problem with most of these HHO ( in car boosters ) is you are waisting energy ( gas and electricity ) to " make " Hydrogen gas.
                      I think one very interesting everyone should check out is Water injection.
                      http://www.waterinjection.info/
                      http://www.mpgresearch.com/forum/

There are soo many of us " performance " minded people that have gained a lot of knowledge just from modding and talking on sites like this.
                      I would love to see people on this page come up with new ideas or fix problems with old ideas.
                      Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier ~ Bruce
                      My Page!

Comment

Working...
                      X