Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Do I have a freak motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have a freak motor?

This is odd. I have raced alot of different cars (especially sohc civics) and have beaten them. People always are talkin about freak motors around here and I think I might have one. I mean I have a stock F22a with I/H no a/m exhaust and I can keep up with alot of fast cars. When my car was bone ass stock I raced another cb7 with pretty much all the bolt ons and I spanked that ass by a car and half and I had more miles than him. I mean I have a heavy ass wagon loaded with bullshit and I beat random ass cars that should probably beat me...explain...

If your pretty much stock, then you may have a freak motor, but I bet your better at driving then the people you race.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

I really doubt there is such thing as a "freak motor". All motors of the same model are made by machines and they are exactly the same.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

you probably have a healthy motor. i remember my A4 with 212k miles being pretty quick.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
          I really doubt there is such thing as a "freak motor". All motors of the same model are made by machines and they are exactly the same.

Nope, there really are freak motors out there. All the little tiny differences in a motor build can add up. Your motor could be assembled by a guy that's hungover, just lost his car, girl and dog and is thinking about the $100 bet he lost on the game last night, while mine is put together by someone well rested, got a BJ this morning before work, had a great breakfast and has an extra $100 in his pocket from the first guy. Which one do you think is going to be the better motor?

SW - I think I have a freak motor too. Even deev has said I must have a freak. She's always been quick, but with my IHE, and p12, I can run low 16s in 80+ degree weather, the other night I ran a 15.87 at 55 degrees, and I know I could have launched and shifted a little better. 15.87 in my car works out to about 163 whp. That's not normal for an f22a1 with a stock cam and no internal build up.

Comment

I mean when my auto downshifts into first from second I can feel it start to spin a little bit. I cant control this bastid in the rain...no matter what I do it skids everywhere. When people ride with me they say DAMN I would think an Accord wagon with an auto would be slow as piss but its pretty quick....for a wagon. I have even roasted up on an auto DA teggy and roasted his ass but his car is way over its time anyways. I beleive in freak motors my nikkuhs!!

Comment

people think because u have a fast car they can beat you...its not the car ....its the person behind the wheel
              You Can Catch me Ridin In My CB Eyes On The Rearview Lookin For The Police

Comment

Wagons have different gear ratios.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

no such thing as freak motor. Like previously stated, machines make the parts, not humans. How healthy the motor is, how good the driver is, tires, weight, maintence..... those are the things that count.

You think your car has a more aggressive cam? tune? tb? im?? no.
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Put it on a dyno and that will tell you. Some people have gotten freak h22a where stock with just bolt ons they pull 198whp. One of the members did that here.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                      no such thing as freak motor. Like previously stated, machines make the parts, not humans. How healthy the motor is, how good the driver is, tires, weight, maintence..... those are the things that count.

You think your car has a more aggressive cam? tune? tb? im?? no.
                      Machines make the parts, true, but people assemble them. That's where the differences in the build quality come into play. Since there have been motors, there have been freak motors, tiny tiny differences all add up to a big difference in performance. No two motors are identical.

Comment

gears are shorter and final drive is shorter in the wagon. and the weight is not that much different as long as you dont have a system or something. my car weights 2700 with a 1/4 of a tank and its an lx coupe. stock ex coupes should weigh 2888lbs, ex 4drs are about 2930 and an ex wagon at most is 3200lbs. but as i said gears are diferent. and if you have an f22a6 and the guy you raced had a f22a1 it makes sense as to why you beat him.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

one of my bitches is a freak but the other sloow as fuk i think my pump is taking a shit on me
                          Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

I don't really buy into freak motors being more than quoted, especially when you compare it to what the manufacturer states. Generally they use a good, well-built preproduction motor to establish the Hp ratings. It should be representative of a primely cared for and built motor. There are a lot of factors at play here, and the smart money would be on driver experience, gear ratios, and environmental conditions. Some people with manuals don't drive as aggressively as auto people because they can feel the strain on the car. If you have auto, all you do is stamp and wait.

Not sure how much I'd buy the "big gains from small differences theory". It just doesn't make sense that tiny variances in the motor would lead to any more than a 1-maaaybe 2 hp gain.
                            Show me some unmodded "freak" motor dynos and then I'll believe it.
                            Last edited by TurboZach; 10-27-2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

exactly. its more of a driver error thing. i've out run an h22 cb like mine. he should have stomped me.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Working...
                              X