Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone ever use Cry02?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use Cry02?

I was just curious on how this system works compared to nitrous. The refills are cheaper and easier to get then Nitrous as you can just get the bottle filled at a welding supply store.

http://www.designengineering.com/pro...sp?m=sp&pid=72

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

I believe these kits used more to spray and cool down intercoolers on high boost turbocharged cars.

Comment

That's correct. If you look on the side they are selling the FMIC mounting rings. Basically these rings have little openings in them and the CryO2 is released evenly (to an extent) over the surface of the intercoolr, dropping temperatures dramatically. It only works with very high boost applications. You could use it with a 8psi setup but it would be pretty pointless
      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
        That's correct. If you look on the side they are selling the FMIC mounting rings. Basically these rings have little openings in them and the CryO2 is released evenly (to an extent) over the surface of the intercoolr, dropping temperatures dramatically. It only works with very high boost applications. You could use it with a 8psi setup but it would be pretty pointless
        Yes it is used for that but it also can be used without a turbo. Check this out from there website:

"The CryO2 Air Intake consists of an aerodynamically designed bulb with a cryogenic chamber which is mounted in a 4" segment of air tube. The air passes over the bulb, heat is removed from the air charge resulting in a colder, denser, more powerful charge. Dyno testing showed a reduction in intake air temperature of more than 50 degrees. The CryO2 Air Intake can be used on turbocharged, supercharged or naturally aspirated applications. Multiple units can be used for colder results. Installs in minutes and comes with silicone connection sleeve, hose clamps and connection / vent hose."

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
        Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

You could use it without a turbo but it wouldn't do much. Why bother? Spend the money on a turbo and get some decent bang for your buck.

For a turbo car I'd go with methanol injection instead.
          - Ghosty
          WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
          FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
            ...Dyno testing showed a reduction in intake air temperature of more than 50 degrees. ...
            That's a significant drop in temperature, but you're only going to see between 5 and 6 whp for that 50 degree drop. You can figure about +1 whp for every -10 degrees fahrenheit. Seems like a lot of money for 5 or 6 ponies.

Comment

it would be a much better system if combined with boost though, especially a "looped" system. IE: a bulb in the compressor inlet, the i/c ring, then the bulb again in the i/c piping before the throttle. this would cool down air intake temps rediculously. especially if all piping were wrapped or jethot coated.

what i want to know, if mated with water/meth injection with turbo, will the system still work, or will the intake temps drop too dramatically.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

The bulbs are also going to create obstructions in the intake path. I don't think the bulbs are good idea on most cars. The intercooler sprayer would be good for prolonged driving but I think the weight and money would be more effectively spent on methanol.

Intake temps won't drop so drastically that there would be a problem, even with both meth and CO2.
                - Ghosty
                WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Working...
                X