Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Connecting rod questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting rod questions?

I am wanting to do a build and i know what im gonna do with the top end, but i was wanting to know some good rod/pistons companies. Also i 've heard of people getting rods cryod. What does this do durability wise and were can you get it done? If you have done it what is your opinion on it? Thanks for all the feedback.

You left out a vital part of the needed information. What type of motor are you building, what RPMs do you plan to go and how much power you plan to realistically make?
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Its a stock f22, I dont plan on going 10k or nothing. I plan on doing stage 2 bisi cam, springs and keepers, I/H/E, maybe some msd ignition parts. What will stock rods hold up too?

Comment

If your only going with the mods you listed then you should look into probe rods. They are good for 300hp and under reliably. I personally have the bisimoto pistons with coatings mated to crower rods.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
          If your only going with the mods you listed then you should look into probe rods. They are good for 300hp and under reliably. I personally have the bisimoto pistons with coatings mated to crower rods.
          Quality wise I wouldn't mess with probe again. Their rods were not up to other manufacturers standards from what I seen.

But from what he listed stock is more than fine for him.

Comment

id go with eagle rods.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              id go with eagle rods.
              I assume you are talking about the H22 rods? I don't know that they make F22/H23 rods.

Wouldn't that require getting custom pistons with the wrist pin moved up?
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                I assume you are talking about the H22 rods? I don't know that they make F22/H23 rods.

Wouldn't that require getting custom pistons with the wrist pin moved up?
                eagle = chinese H beam rods. i bought the set off ebay and it is probably made by the same place and just stamped different shit. same exact product code.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

What do the probe rods hold up too? What is cryoing rods anyway? Does it work?

Comment

What brand rod bearings do you guys use?

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgen2door View Post
                      What do the probe rods hold up too? What is cryoing rods anyway? Does it work?
                      Originally posted by F22HB View Post

Cryogenically treating rods rearanges the molecules in the steel theoretically making it stronger by aligning the molecules. yes it works. but not very needed on rods.

im using acl race bearings in my motor.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                        ACL's.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgen2door View Post
                          Its a stock f22, I dont plan on going 10k or nothing. I plan on doing stage 2 bisi cam, springs and keepers, I/H/E, maybe some msd ignition parts. What will stock rods hold up too?
                          You'll be fine with stock rods based on the build you've described.

Comment

jdm_accorn's build is a stock F22ax motor with bolt-ons which include Bisi level 2 F22 camshaft. Refer to his project as reference.

Comment

Working...
                            X