Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 dead gonna rebuild with a mild build, wondering what to get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check out my build thread, link in my sig, for ideas on how to reach the 220whp range on an n/a build without the use of nitrous. its very possible but n/a builds are very pricey. all the parts ive got on the list in my thread have added up to almost 4g's. and ive already spent almost $800 alone on my ITB's.

if your just going with an n/a build theres no need to get after market rods. get some stock ones and have a reputable shop shot peen them.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

thanks man

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
      Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        The cheapest way I see you getting that much power N/A out of the H is to use a good F22 block and the H head, bump up the compression with a thinner head gasket or mill the surface of the head down. Sell the H22 block if its good and get some cams.

this was a joke right...
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Actually not really..his details and lack thereof suck as an explaination as to why a f22a block might not be a bad choice..

1.you have more selection in pistons that arnt forged.
          2.cheaper
          3.easily available

What I would do

F22a block (86mm)
          H22a crank
          F22a rods
          Rsx-s pistons(8y6mm)
          H22a head
          Rocket cams (the oldschool RM22s)
          Retainers/valvesprings/etc(pick your poison here)

Induction:
          H22a flange(weir-racing)
          Runners/alum welding(local)
          Hayabusa 50mm itbs

Some kind of decent header..

An-r
          Prospeed
          Hytech
          Jimfab..

2.5" exhaust all the way back

A small methanol setup(300cc nozzle)

And serious tuning..and u could very well hit 220whp..and have a linear powerband.. Id source a t2t4 tranny or atleast an m2b4 (believe that's h22a lsd)

Teh wikked 0ne

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

The h22 block is just as strong if not stronger than the f22 block.

Ok you can get any forged piston by mahle gold series that you know will withstand any abuse thrown at it. You could go with some moderate ones from them that i have. 11:5:1 compression

as for the crank... the F22 crank put in the h22 would be the proper thing, with upgraded f22rods, for obvious reasons... with the factory h22 crank.

Get a stage 2 ported head, with a 3 angle valve job,
            add larger cams, with valve springs. and eventually newer rockers because the increased stress from stronger springs seam to wear the h22 rockers pretty bad.
            go to a local shop put it on a dyno, and bam you most likely will have more power than you needed.

I personally from experience would build a h23 and save the money from buying an h22.. and use that money to build the h23 instead, it would give a stronger powerplant across the board.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
            X