Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no spark

well as the title says i have no spark! i just finshed bilding my f22 the hole motor is practly band new ( minor old parts that were in good shape ) i was woundering if someone could point me in the right way to find out why i dont have spark?

please help!
    thanx!

R.I.P 93 cb7

Bad coil? Bad dizzy? Bad ECU? Blown fuse somewhere?

Comment

I had a bad dizzy. Replaced it, started right up.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

ok thanks i will check that not to sound like a nuw guy but whats a dizzy?

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

Distributor.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

16 year old blond girl after a couple of beers? (Gotta admit, that's pretty dizzy)

Comment

sould i replace just the cap or the hole "DIZZY" ?

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

Easier to replace the whole thing. 3 screws.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

make sure its not the coil first, (if you have a 9293) other wise you will buy a dizzy for nothing.
                  wat?

Comment

did you remove the ECU while rebuilding the engine? i went crazy for a week trying to fix my ignition, but it turned out to be a bad wire. one of the wires that goes from the ignition control module to the ECU splits into two seperate wires before it hooks to the ECU. it splits within the harness in the footwell, connected only by a cheap crimp, which seems prone to failure. if you look at a wiring diagram you'll see which wire im talking about. good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X