Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

JVT header install review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVT header install review

I recently purchased a JVT header from ebay and actually had good weather today to instal it ...

first i would like to say the header looks great and has nice solid looking welds unlike some ebay headers i have seen and used but only time will tell how well it holds up ...

here is a pic of the header

as for the install i dropped the whole exhaust with the help of a friend in maybe 30 min granted i already had the stock exhaust manifold already off ...

before starting i went to the local parts store and picked up a couple of packs of replacement studs and nuts ... then i used a 14mm easy off nut remover and breaking bar and broke the downpipe loose from the cat bolted the new down pipe up which has an O2 senson bung on it for the EX guys ... got the exhaust back under the car and in place in 10 min ... then came the tricky part for me

here is a pic with exhaust ready to go back under the car

although my future plans for this car dont include AC I wanted to keep it as long as possible ... no can do with this header it is not AC friendly ... my choices were to either remove one of the AC lines or take off my powersteering pump, alternator, and then my AC compressor and hope that once the header was in place the AC compressor and lines would have room to be put back ... I dont see it happening ...

there is no room for the AC line here

now as most of us know it takes a while to get a true judgement on a new product but ... what I can say is that on my intial test drive i noticed that the engine responded better to acceleration and accelerated faster. It also felt like it had more power off the line ... now this is also with the stock cat and stock cat back exhaust im sure i will feel it open up even more when i change to 2.5 cat back with my OBX Apex-I muffler ...

my first impression on this header is that it is a good a upgrade ... ill try to update this in a month if not sooner on any changes or when i get the exhaust done ... im gonna attempt to hunt down the idle issue tomorrow

edit: i also wanted to add that overall install time was about 2 and 1/2 hours thats including taking the exhaust manifold off and my trip to the parts store and deciding what i wanted to do about the AC
    Last edited by trickedaccord92; 03-06-2009, 02:42 AM.

I think all those "gains" are in your mind. It's been proven time and time again that no cheap 4-2-1 header provides any worthwhile gains over the stock jdm piece.

Better gains would be had from doing a 2.5" collector mod to the stock downpipe.

200whp has been broken with the stock header without any issues.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

actually the JVT header isnt your average $40 ebay header ...

http://www.jvtracing.com/
      granted i didnt pay the full 189.99 from their home site but i paid pretty close

now with that said im not arguing that gains cant be made on a cheaper route or sourcing a JDM collector ... im giving an honest opinion of the product ... and that is that so far i like it ... maybe the gains are in my head or maybe i notice the difference in the way my car responds before and after ... i have no hard proof of gains since i didnt do a dyno run before and after but in the end it looks good and in my opion performs good

Comment

its still nothing special, just a 4-2-1 header
        spin city

Comment

is it not larger ID than stock?
          ____

Comment

2 inch inlet/2.25 outlet

Comment

I put on an ebay header on my F22a1 and it opened that baby up big time!!!

Comment

usually the ebay headers are just cheaply made, that's the main issue with them...they'll crack quickly.

As to performance...while I'm sure, say bisi's is the king for performance, anything larger than stock is an improvement for performance and not just "in your head" yes?
                ____

Comment

Had mine for awhile now..
                  So far so good......No leak like my other two headers

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

It's all in your head. Butt dyno's are usually optimistic.

Comment

got any more pics of the a/c compressor from different angles? is there no chance at all for the a/c line?

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

sweet install. shiny, new, what's not to like

I wonder if we can find unequal length runner headers...make the Honda sound like a Subi.
                        DEVOTE

Comment

sooooo . . . no more pics installed i take it?

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

sorry i lost sight of this thread till today lol ... no pics at moment ... i tried everything to get the line back on and there is no way the header and AC line can be on together ... i may be trading the car and swapping out exhaust and putting A/C back for the guy getting it ... if i do ill get better pics

Comment

Working...
                            X