Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust

So after doing my suspension i noticed about 6 holes in my exhaust. And that was only on the axle back. Now makes sense why my stock exhaust is quite loud. Dont have much money. Hopefully gonna start work soon. So my question is whats a good exhaust, not expensive, and has 2.50 pipping? Second question would be: could the exhaust bolt up to my F22a6 downpipe or do i need to get a new header for it to bolt on to? Thanks in advance for any help.

My New Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

exhausts bolt on to your cat, not directly to your header unless you have a shop weld it straight to your header DP.

I would buy a greddy sp2 or apexi world sport 2 universal muffler and get custom piping to it.

cheapest route that i'd go. I wouldnt bother with that e*** crap that sound like angry bees.

Comment

2.5" pipe is going to be a custom job.

All the pre-made catbacks for the cb like the SP-2, EVO-2, RSR Ex-MAG, Thermal, WS2, etc are roughly 2.25" give or take a few mm.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

60mm to be exact

Comment

Whats a reliable site that i could get one at? I have bad luck with online shops not sending me the things i pay for.

My New Ride
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Yeah, 60mm is 3mm more than 2.25", I knew it was close.

Crush-bent tube is all your exhaust shop will be able to do and will be cheapest, but won't flow the best.

It'll cost more, but if you want a mandrel bent 2.5" system, check out kteller.com
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

2.5 and cheap (under 300) is gonna be hard to find...maybe at a local shop
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                Yeah, 60mm is 3mm more than 2.25", I knew it was close.

Crush-bent tube is all your exhaust shop will be able to do and will be cheapest, but won't flow the best.

It'll cost more, but if you want a mandrel bent 2.5" system, check out kteller.com
                has anyone actually seen the crush bends take place for our cars? i just had mine done and the bends arent as bad as people are making them out to be. and not to mention we talking about 300-400hp max from our car we arent gonna notice the smaller diameter in the few bends we actually have. if 2.25 is good for up to 500hp im pretty sure you wont notice a few crush style bends with 2.5 piping.
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  2.5 and cheap (under 300) is gonna be hard to find...maybe at a local shop
                  2.5 for 130 with custom angle for muffler
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Go to a local exhaust shop. Get 2.5" piping, buy a couple resonators and your choice of muffler. It would probably be a good idea to replace your cat with a "highflow" one as well.

I built my entire exhaust for under $400 which included 2.5" piping, 13" resonator, OBX twin loop muffler, catco cat. The only things I got from the exhaust shop was the piping and resonator.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                    X