Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

1 step colder plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 step colder plugs

does anyone know the part number for 1 step colder plugs on the accord? i need to go get some today...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

I've got the NGK v-power step colder plugs. Part #ZFR6F-11
    Stock no. 4291. I've only ever found them at napa. The 6 in the above number is the number that defines the heat range. With ngk the higher that number the colder the plug. So ZFR5F would be stock.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Advance auto carries them as well.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Yeah, I got mine at Napa too. I run two steps colder though so mine are #ZFR7F-11.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
          Yeah, I got mine at Napa too. I run two steps colder though so mine are #ZFR7F-11.
          benefits? disadvantages running 2 steps colder?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Hmm... benefits ... Not blowing my engine? Lol, it's a pretty good idea to use them since I'm running the 75 shot, and I choose not to do any timing retarding. I'm not really sure if there are any big disadvantages to it ... runs about the same na as it did with other plugs.

Comment

So the colder plugs just help prevent detonation?
              R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
              My members ride page
              Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Originally posted by dj justice
                So the colder plugs just help prevent detonation?
                well...yea, what'd u think they did?

Comment

I thought maybe they were more efficient since they are made for high speed driving according to the sticker under my hood.
                  R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                  My members ride page
                  Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Originally posted by dj justice
                    I thought maybe they were more efficient since they are made for high speed driving according to the sticker under my hood.
                    well lol, i guess u could call not detonating is alot more efficient than detonating I was thinking maybe there was such thing as overkill or going too cold. Maybe it would effect start-ups or idle some how. But if all is good i might go 2 steps next tune-up

Comment

common MRX they make the air colder as it goes into the cyliner! more powah!!!! lol

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

awww mannn fuckin orielly dude sold me the wrong shit i asked for 1 step colder plugs and he gave me ZFR5FIX-11. and i already put it on my car, would it be still fine MIDNITE?

Comment

I've been running mine for about 4 months with no trouble. I still get the same gas mileage and my car doesn't run any differently N/A so for your turbo set up I would recommend it.

Comment

are yall sure ZFR6FIX-11 is not 1 step colder? cuz oriely only got 3 kinds of spark plug they selling, one for 1.99 and 6.99 and 11.99. i thot the 1.99 is the stock one and the 6.99 is the 1 step colder plug and 11.99 is the 2 step colder plugs.

Comment

Well which one did you get? 5 or 6? In your first post you put 5 and then in the second one you put 6. Stock is 5, 1 step colder is 6....

Comment

Working...
                              X