Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice

ok I got my hands on a h22. Long story short block is toast except for the crank head is still good. My idea was to use the h22 crank ( if it can even be done. dont see why not since ppl put the f22 crank in h22s all the time ) into the f22 block (id use the f22 crank but it spun rod bearing ) Use f22 rods and pistons.
    I know I will be dropping the C/R when I put the h22 head on the f block. But now since I will be using a h22 crank am I dropping the C/R even more since the h crank has less stroke??

plz tell me is there are any flaws in what Im trying to accomplish. Thanx in advance.

-Ryan
    R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
    There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

What year H22 is it? There are two different size crank main journals. In a perfect world you would want the 50mm crank.

92-96 H22A1 = 50mm
    97- H22A4 = 50mm
    98-02 H22A4 = 55mm

If you have the 98+ 55mm. You could machine the main crank journals down to 50mm (± spec bearing clearances)

Other than making sure your crank journals are the same diameter. & your OK with the following;
    Compression ratio - 7:1
    Rod/stroke - 1.56:1
    Displacement - 2058cc
    I don't see any problems with the build technically. Your pretty much going to end up with an very low compression F20B. Boosting this thing will be your only salvation.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-15-2009, 12:48 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

its a h22a4 so its got the 55mm but Im trying to stay away from machining if I can. an yes it will be boosted or can I use high compression pistons to make up for the low compression
      There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

wont fit and the piston will be too far in the hole.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          wont fit and the piston will be too far in the hole.
          what wont fit??

Comment

You don't want 7.1 compression, even boosted...
            H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jDmacCordh22a View Post
              You don't want 7.1 compression, even boosted...
              so then what are my choices at this point?? Can I go with custom pistons to raise up my C/R and not boost stick n/a??

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                If you have the 98+ 55mm. You could machine the main crank journals down to 50mm (± spec bearing clearances)
                I guess I might just machine the f22 crank and the rod that has the spun rod bearing...Id be better off wouldnt I??

Comment

you can do that but why dont you just get another h22 block? do it right.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    you can do that but why dont you just get another h22 block? do it right.
                    I dont have the cash for another h22 block. plus hear in Tallahassee ppl are h22 GREEDY as fuck. Id never find one @ a good price. Or a the pnp or jy. cus the day a h series or k series hits the lot they guys @ the jy an pnp already have called there boys and they are gone with in hrs. plus I already have a f22 block and a h22 head so why not just go from there you know what I mean.
                    The motor will not be placed in my DD cb7 it will be swapped in a civic for a "fun" "race" "weekend" car. I mean I have a h22a4 block but Im sure its fucked...it was hydro locked like a mofo. One of the rods are bent into a U shape almost. But the head and crank are fine...I guess I could have someone else look @ the block to see if it is still good. Im just dont have the money to drop into 4 new sleeves. so Im stuck @ this point...

Comment

Iv been doing ALOT of thinking...Im gonna try to find me a h series block and ditch that f22 block...like you said why not do it right...and thats what Im gonna do. Thanx everyone for the help.

Comment

or just get a f22 crank?
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Doesn't an F23 crank have 55mm mains
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

well come to find out Im gonna be able to use my h22a4 block. Soooooo Im gonna still use the h22a4 crank (55mm) b/c my f22 crank had a spun rod bearing. So instead of machining the f crank I think Im gonna just use the a4 crank since its good to go....I think???

Comment

Working...
                            X