Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Read my plugs please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well

Well, I may revoke my previous assumption about it being from harder motor mounts.

From the better pictures I would say you have been having pre-ignition / detonation.

Could you post a picture of your distributor and plug wires going to the cylinders.

Also what dizzy is that, you are running an external coil, and I don't think I have ever seen the coil connection there in the dizzy cap.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post

From the better pictures I would say you have been having pre-ignition / detonation.

Also what dizzy is that, you are running an external coil, and I don't think I have ever seen the coil connection there in the dizzy cap.
      Detonation is what I have been suspecting lately actually.

The dizzy cap, rotor, and coil are all oen TEC brand from Majestic Honda, all pretty new.

If you look back at my first post I said that the piston tops are very gray colored and resemble a badly rock-chipped bumper, it looks like the surface was painted and thick paint chips have randomly flaked off. This is why I suspected detonation myself.

I have a few hundred miles on these new plugs, would it help to pull them and post pics?

Here's the dizzy cap setup: Sorry for the bad pics, it's pitch black outside.

My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Ok...

See if this helps.

If not go back to your current configuration immediately.

With number 1 piston being farthest from the distributor and going in to 4

EG: (distributor ) (4)(3)(2)(1)

EDIT: and look for the number 1 cylinder mark. If it is where it says it should be on the diagram I posted then yay, if not, we will find out lol...
        Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 03-17-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

So essentially you want me to configure the wires so they're 180* off from where they currently are?

I'll try it, just confused where you're going with this...

According to your diagram, I have the wires installed correctly. Will post back tomorrow with results.
          My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Noper

Acutally ignore that post.

LOL yours is right.

Comment

Acutally ignore that post.

LOL yours is right.
              You had me worried there, lol.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Timing

Have you checked to make sure that your cam timing didn't jump a tooth?

That would be my best bet for why your plugs look like that.

If you just jump one tooth it could... still idle that consistently.

From what I see, not sure from pictures, but it looks like the plugs are too hot.

And this does not make much sense given you are already running a step colder then stock recommends. So I would check cam timing to be sure.

Comment

Have you checked to make sure that your cam timing didn't jump a tooth?

That would be my best bet for why your plugs look like that.

If you just jump one tooth it could... still idle that consistently.

From what I see, not sure from pictures, but it looks like the plugs are too hot.

And this does not make much sense given you are already running a step colder then stock recommends. So I would check cam timing to be sure.
                  I haven't checked the cam timing but that shouldn't be too hard to do. Am I correct that I can just line the flywheel up at -0- with the timing marker setting the crank to exactly #1 tdc and then only check the cam pulley for alignment with the head? That way I don't have to pull the lower timing cover off.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Yes

I would line up the tdc mark, be it on the flywheel, or the crank pulley.

I think it is on the flywheel.

Then pop off the Valve cover and look at the timing notches, they should be parallel to the top of the head and with number one cylinder at tdc, the arrow on the cam gear should be pointing up.

Let me know.

Comment

plug a vac gauge and see what it reads. it doesnt seem too bad, it looks like my motor with my balance shaft belt disconnected. the valvetrain seem kinda noisy though.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        plug a vac gauge and see what it reads. it doesnt seem too bad, it looks like my motor with my balance shaft belt disconnected. the valvetrain seem kinda noisy though.
                        Yeah, if the cam timing checks out, I'll be checking rocker arm adjustment next, it's been about 15-20k since I last adjusted them.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I checked the cam timing and it's dead on. Didn't have time today to pull my strut bar and vc to check valve lash.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X