Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

whats kinda power will i see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats kinda power will i see?

okay so am going to be building a motor
    f23 block
    k20 pistons
    f22 head
    h23 intake stock other then cameshaft
    delta 272 came
    f23 crankshaft
    f23 rods
    does any one know what the motors with k20 pistons in a f23 make
    Last edited by blazedealh91; 01-19-2011, 12:34 AM.

You're asking about a custom built engine that is so heavily modified that nobody could possibly tell you with any sense of accuracy what you can expect. Honestly, to me, it sounds like you don't even know what you're doing. Simply slapping parts together because they sound good. Slapping together such a cheap engine with little experience is a recipe for disaster.
    If it doesn't run, it won't make any power at all. So my estimation... Zero horsepower.

Comment

deev you are the master of pissing on someone cheerios.

Comment

That I am.
        Though anyone who has engough knowledge to build such a thing would have enough knowledge to shoot down any argument I can present. If they can't effectively argue against what I say, they most certainly don't know enough to effectively build the engine that they're planning!

The difference is... arguing with me is free!

Comment

without knowing what the crank and rods are going to be the stroke is very variable and there wouldn't even be a close estimate we could give you
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

i have seen threads with the f23 block and f22 head and k20 pistons on honda tech and one on her but never gave the power it made i googled it and threads pop up so i have heard about it being done but have not seen how it turns out

[QUOTE=deevergote;2708375]That I am.
            Though anyone who has engough knowledge to build such a thing would have enough knowledge to shoot down any argument I can present. If they can't effectively argue against what I say, they most certainly don't know enough to effectively build the engine that they're planning!

Comment

I think superstreet or some magazine did a G23 VTEC build using a f23 block and most f23 bottom end components, K20 pistons and a H22 head that was mostly stock. They managed something like 250 whp and 190 wtq.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp.../photo_04.html

I know its a different head than your build, but with the right cam and supporting valvetrain mods, that could be an attainable number. How long it would last who knows.

When someone asks me to make an estimate about how many horsepower something is producing, I usually just answer "all of them".

Comment

Only one way to find out how much power it will make...
                IMO... NOT worth it in the end if you aren't doing all work yourself. Various OEM parts/gaskets, bearings, bolts, machine shop work, decent header/exhaust, engine management, tuning, etc.. it will all add up quickly. With other maintenance items and maybe a closer ratio transaxle (if you want to get the most of the power you will be making), you are looking at a serious chunk of cash to get it running and making power reliably. By "other maintenance items" I am talking anything you need on the whole car not just the engine, because you don't want to built a nice expensive engine and put it into a car with worn out suspension or worn out engine mounts, clutch, wheel bearings, bushings, etc etc. IMO it is not a project that you just want to slap together and hope it lasts... unless you like throwing money away.

Comment

stay with what you got brotha

Comment

There really is not definate answer of how much power there are too many variables to take in account with something like this ...the true value of a build is how you will use it

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

i will be doing all the work my self and will also be doing a 5 speed swap
                      does any one know how much the frame mount cost for the tranny side
                      part number?

Comment

I'm not sure you can get that part new anymore. Grab one from a junkyard.

Comment

i hope i got the right one it like 37 bucks ill see in a week if it the right one we shall see

Comment

remember it needs to be welded on...
                            I'd have gone with the ESP conversion mount instead, personally. It's just easier than welding stuff! Either way works, though.

Comment

haha reminds me of those "but this worked on need for speed" guys.

have you actually taken the time to look up at what your parts and labor are going to cost? because i can tell you there will need to be a lot of CNC, welding and other crap, also there isnt any baseline to how any of that goes together, torque specs, not to mention fuel delivery and all that other crap. cus yea in the end you can slap a bunch of shit together yourself but nothing guarantees that when you turn that ignition you;re not going to end 6 feet under, just cus it might have been in a magazine dont mean anyone can do it, these people live, breathe, eat, dream and shit out engine components 24/7. IMO i would go to a tuning shop and ask the senior one there about it, if he lol's or ROFL's just walk away and put it behind you
                              Originally posted by scudweiser
                              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Working...
                              X