Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help Deciding On Motor.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Deciding On Motor.....

What do you all think….

I talked to Nippon Motors, and they said they have f22a6 for 595bux with 40-50k miles on them.
    Also my cousin has an extra motor, but with like 160k miles on it and he might offer it to me for 400bux.

I save about 2-300 if I go we my cousin but if I go with Nippon I damn near have a new motor…which I like very very much….lol.

Also if I was to go with the Nippon motor, I was gona transfer my stuff from the motor in my car now, drop it in and crank up the boost to 12-14psi (tuned).
    And while riding off that, start the rebuild on the motor I pulled out.

Or
    Should I get the motor from my cousin, and start rebuild on that motor, then once done drop it in????

Im just looking for some help/opinions from my cb7 fam, thanks…
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

whatever you decide on...definitly put a DOHC head on it! the nippon deal doesnt sound to bad

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Get the one with low miles

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

For the money your buying those engines you could just find a just the block for $150ish or less, hone it, forged pistons, and stock cryo rods. It'll cost u a little more than $550-600 total but the block won't be stock atleast. I mean theres plenty of ppl parting out cb7's up there i thought. If not the nippon deal sounds ok,but is that with or without shipping
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

for 600 dollars you can get a f22b dohc or f20a dohc. just look around

and it sounds like your cousin is trying to rip you off, those old motors are worth like 200 maybe 300 tops..
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

werd, i'd never pay over $200 for the whole motor

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

just as a note i paid 675 shipped for my jdm f22b dohc. sucks that i paid more for that then the h22. sigh....

good luck with the find tho!
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Whats up,

There is a 800 number in our yellow pages (The OneBook) for motors. They located F22's and sold them for $250 and delivered to the location of your choice with no extra charge. I'll check for the number when I get home.
                600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

If you want an F22B call 410 342-4404. They normally have several in stock and they are very negotiable.
                  600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

meh.. get urself a block from someone on the forums with decent miles... hell im getting one for 25.. lol...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

just buy a used one if you're rebuilding

why spend a shitload of money for something that will only be in your car temporarily

Comment

preciate the help folks....

Also Mid, I thought that also, not the just buy a bottom end part but sending like stock rods and rings to be cryo-ed, shit then they’ll be some what like performance after market parts.

100-150 for bottom end
                        think its like 60 bux for rods/rings to be cryo-ed
                        399 for forged pistons

I like that….plus right in my budget….lol

think im a do that.....

shit Wikked....ill give u 50 for the bottom end u buy for 25....lol.
                        j/k

now im in search for one....thanks again folks
                        Last edited by theone; 03-15-2005, 02:59 PM.
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

the company kamaccord mentioned is a great find tho...i've got things to do within the next coming months but i'll try to keep me a little stash of savings to play with tho...shhh, don't tell the gf

Comment

lol....

my wife knows im broke right now....she takes all my money....lol
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

also to let u all know, theres a guy on ebay that sells nuffin bout f22 parts.... polished cranks, block gaurds, etc.
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                              X