Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

HP help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deevergote
    replied
    Originally posted by midnite racer x
    yup and deever is wrong about the gutted crx...it had full interior It was actually heavier than a stock crx lol
    Well I'll be...

He really was at 364? That's more than I thought possible!

Ok, so the F CAN be made to do that... but considering what he did to the motor, it was far from an actual F22. The amount of work needed to triple the output of a motor without forced induction is phenominal. Not something someone looking for a cheap route can do. If you could make that motor from scratch for under $20,000, I would be impressed. I'd rather ship an H22 out to CR and have it built to 250whp for less...

Leave a comment:

• phatdoughnut
    replied
    Yup now the His insight is acutally getting the new F22a which was in SCC for the last couple of months. and he has special Carbs on his f22a.

and the D to H/F series plates are available now..

http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page7.html

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    yup and deever is wrong about the gutted crx...it had full interior It was actually heavier than a stock crx lol

Leave a comment:

• phatdoughnut
    replied
    Bisis was around 364, it was just an example of the only person to work over an f22a, which i dont see this kid doing.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    What kind of power did Bisi make? He was hitting 9s with the F22, but with a totally gutted CRX. I also believe it was carbureted. He basically built that motor from the ground up, and dropped it into a rediculously lightweight shell. If he made 220whp on that thing and got traction, he could probably have run those times. Maybe 250. I honestly don't know what his max power was on that engine though.

The SOHC F22 really can't be modified to push over 300hp. Cheap is NOT an option, especially! Put it this way...

2point6 owns Collective Racing in Arizona. He has been through 3 professionally built H22s (starting at 200 crank hp) Two of the motors, built by R&D, blew up... Now, R&D is a fairly big name in Honda engine building! Scott (2point6) eventually built his own motor, and is now pushing about 250whp and running high 12s. I believe he could MAYBE work another 25whp from that motor before the car is no longer streetable. MAYBE 50 more if he goes full race. Now this is working with a motor much better suited to this kind of modification.

The SOHC setup will give lots of problems when it comes to building it for power. The head isn't designed to flow that kind of air. You'll be running into spring binding, valve float, and many other issues.

Basically, if you want to build your F22 for NA power, you'll need to replace EVERYTHING in the motor. Then you'll have to replace the fueling system, including electronics. I honestly don't think you'll be able to get more than 200hp from an F22 without some sort of forced induction.

Even with turbo, 325hp is about the limit of streetability... and definitely pushing reliability!

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    hehe.. i love bisi and his insight.. all i had to say

Leave a comment:

• phatdoughnut
    replied
    Originally posted by AcclipseH23
    There is a guy who got 341whp and 282lbs-ft of torque out the f22a. Its not impossible but it requires alot of intense work. I read that in some mag...i think it was turbo mag, or sports compact. I dunno i read too many of those. Anyway i remember him doing alot of redesigning to the engine block, pistons and rods themselves. He was an engine builder so it was easy for him but it will be tough for others to replicate. So forget it being cheap.

Also I strongly think if you want to build this motor up as all motor you should go for it. Just do your research so you don't waste your time and money buying things that dont really help with serious hp (like aem underdrive pulleys).

yes the only guy to has done it to my knowledge, Bisi, who had an f22a in his crx with a D series tranny, who was building that f22a for his insight with D series tranny.. i dont see anyone doing it in real life. he had his sponsors behind him paying for every little thing.

Leave a comment:

• KillerCam282
    replied
    Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
    who ever got 325hp out of an na f22 deserves MAD props.Thats what i meant, no way would he do that for cheap.
    There is a guy who got 341whp and 282lbs-ft of torque out the f22a. Its not impossible but it requires alot of intense work. I read that in some mag...i think it was turbo mag, or sports compact. I dunno i read too many of those. Anyway i remember him doing alot of redesigning to the engine block, pistons and rods themselves. He was an engine builder so it was easy for him but it will be tough for others to replicate. So forget it being cheap.

Also I strongly think if you want to build this motor up as all motor you should go for it. Just do your research so you don't waste your time and money buying things that dont really help with serious hp (like aem underdrive pulleys).
    Last edited by KillerCam282; 07-12-2005, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ilikebigbutts
    replied
    Originally posted by JDMCB3Si
    You CAN get more than 200-220whp out of a f22 block. But like MRX said it won't be CHEAP. You are starting with around 125 HP (even though its an a6 motor you have an a4 single runner mani on it).

You could up your compression to 10:1 or 11.5:1 and get like a 272 regrind and stroke and bore your motor. you could also port and polish the head and install oversized valves with new valve springs. you could also throw a lightened crank in with new rods. you would have to port match ALL your components like IM, header, and so forth to keep flow constant. You would also have to upgrade your injectors and you engine management (go to MRX for that.

325 HP is not a ungodly goal, it can be done. As long as you research and take time you can do it.

Now my plans for my build on my F20A DOHC is a goal of 400+HP but the cost is gonna be HIGH but thats not a problem to me.

Just do some research and find the parts you will want. Get with MRX or Wikked and they can help you plan it out.

400hp with turbo right?

Leave a comment:

• 92ex
    replied
    Originally posted by HondaHawk
    hmm see a mechanic more often?
    Reason why I am asking here is because I was brought up on Domestics not IMPORTS.
    And I am working my way into IMPORTS. Tons of power can be made w/out turbo and w/out draining the bank account. Just need to know what parts work the best. Maybe you should check your attitude and be more real over just posting FLAMS to a question.
    Theres your problem. Your thinking about the gains that domestics usually get out of mods. My dad is into chevys, so I know what there capable of all motor. No NA honda motor is going to keep up with a built v8 motor. TO make it to your goal easier, you should seriously consider forced induction, and your car will still be reliable.

Leave a comment:

• JDMCB3Si
    replied
    You CAN get more than 200-220whp out of a f22 block. But like MRX said it won't be CHEAP. You are starting with around 125 HP (even though its an a6 motor you have an a4 single runner mani on it).

You could up your compression to 10:1 or 11.5:1 and get like a 272 regrind and stroke and bore your motor. you could also port and polish the head and install oversized valves with new valve springs. you could also throw a lightened crank in with new rods. you would have to port match ALL your components like IM, header, and so forth to keep flow constant. You would also have to upgrade your injectors and you engine management (go to MRX for that.

325 HP is not a ungodly goal, it can be done. As long as you research and take time you can do it.

Now my plans for my build on my F20A DOHC is a goal of 400+HP but the cost is gonna be HIGH but thats not a problem to me.

Just do some research and find the parts you will want. Get with MRX or Wikked and they can help you plan it out.

Leave a comment:

• phatdoughnut
    replied
    no he has a different setup, that is the old old setup.

Leave a comment:

• Ilikebigbutts
    replied
    Originally posted by phatdoughnut
    when n00bs want to be sleepers...

you do realize that 2point6 just broke 13s with his h22 right? and that wasnt cheap and its daily driven.

i'm guessing stroked to 2600?only 13's?

Leave a comment:

• phatdoughnut
    replied
    when n00bs want to be sleepers...

you do realize that 2point6 just broke 13s with his h22 right? and that wasnt cheap and its daily driven.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    thank you acclipse...like i said b4, a realistic goal for cheap is 200-220whp and even that'll have about a 2-4k price tag

Leave a comment:

Working...
X