Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake?

Should I get a AEM CAI or a Injen CAI...need help they both sound real nice and cost about the same but I dont kno which one to get ...please help me out thanks a lot

i would go with aem you wont regret it

Comment

AEM CAI

love mine.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

You'll just regret the price. I assume el linked you to the intake debate thread? Most agree that an ebay pipe with a KN filter is just as good at a fraction of the price.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

owned

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
          nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
          nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
          nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
          nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

owned
            Hehe, he usually does.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i say go wit the Injen cold or short ram intake. i know by experiance that Ijen is better. better HP and TQ gains

Comment

Honestly, you will NEVER realize the difference between a $50 ebay pipe and a $200 performance pipe. AEM is my choice, and what I'm currently running, but it's so much money for MAYBE 1 more hp. For the price of an AEM intake, you can get an ebay pipe AND an ebay header and make more power than the CAI alone. Spend your money wisely. If you're not looking for maximum gaines, and planning LOTS of work for your motor, those higher-end parts aren't worth the price. They're only good for the "bling" factor on very mild cars!

Also, you say you're looking to swap in your sig... a $200 AEM or Injen pipe for the F22 will be too small to be effective for an H22. It would be a waste, and nobody in their right mind will pay anywhere near what you paid for it!
                And there is no DOHC F22A. There's the DOHC F20A, and the DOHC F22B (which is basically an H23).

Comment

can u use the 97-01 PRELUDE intake whether it be S/R or C/A/I... cause it has the 3inch pipe instead of the 2.25inch accord pipe....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote]Honestly, you will NEVER realize the difference between a $50 ebay pipe and a $200 performance pipe. AEM is my choice, and what I'm currently running, but it's so much money for MAYBE 1 more hp. For the price of an AEM intake, you can get an ebay pipe AND an ebay header and make more power than the CAI alone. Spend your money wisely. If you're not looking for maximum gaines, and planning LOTS of work for your motor, those higher-end parts aren't worth the price. They're only good for the "bling" factor on very mild cars!

Werd.

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

ight thanks guys for the response =)

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
                        can u use the 97-01 PRELUDE intake whether it be S/R or C/A/I... cause it has the 3inch pipe instead of the 2.25inch accord pipe....
                        Yes, you can. The response will be a little soggy on the F22 with the 3" pipe, but it'll save money if an H22 is being installed soon!

Comment

Yah the F doesn't have the high-rpm capabilities to take full advantage of the 3" intake pipe. The air would move too slow and you'd lose a lot on the low end. If I were you, I'd get the Ebay H22 intake and get a Delta 272 cam, then sell the cam when the H22 came around. I know the stock SH H22 high-lift duration is 275 degrees on both sides, so the Delta comes pretty close...not that it will make H22 power but the airflow will be close w/the cam...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If you're going to spend money on a decent intake spend it on one that really works well:
                            http://www.icemanmotorsports.com/

I borrowed a iceman once and loved how it sounded and performed compared to my AEM intake
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                            X