Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling N/A f22 people looking into chipped ecus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just letting peeps know, as I get closer to a running engine on my white 91 EX F22 all-motor build, I'll be working with MRX in tuning it. It should be fun seeing I have more than must bolt-ons. We'll see what happens.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
      hey, we've been communicating via e-mail. patrick_kerce@columbia.sc. Hopefully we'll have motor with enough cam and compression to justify some ecu tuning. Don't give up on it yet guys. look for a budget n/a writeup before next summer.
      ah yes i do know you. I'd say just start PM'ing me cause i rarely ever check that email address
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I basically just want the speed limiter removed.
        My CB7

Comment

Hey, Midnight.... Can you help out those people W/H22 na & Bolt-ons? I feel I have enough mods done to my motor to warrant some good tuning. Let Me Know..
          Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
            me and a friend of mine are going to mill the a6 head .45 and port polish and some cam work.....
            now what are some of the compresion numbers that an engine should have in order to see some gains from the chipped ecm?

With that much of a mill...What will your compression be?
            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

with a stock gasket??? well that should make it about 9.4-.5:1 i think....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

really...i thought it would be atleast more than 9.5:1
                92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

it should be 9.6....just use a b-series compression calculator and change all of the specs to f22 specs. .060 would get you 9.97.....no one really knows what the clearances are since no one does this, but pretty much everyone agrees that it's not a good idea in case you warp the head and need to have it milled again to straighten it out. But who cares.....lot's of b/d series guys do it. I'm one of them.

edit......i'm thehatchninja....keith always logs in on my computer and forgets to log out.
                  Former Ride:
                  93 Accord Coupe
                  Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                  Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                  Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                  Black on Black Leather
                  5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                  C. S. Lewis

Comment

we have been told that it will be more than 9.6... but no one is giving us a straing answer.
                    for now all i am sure is that if u mill the head pass .55 then u are in uncharted territory. there was a thread here in cb7tuner about 1 year ago about milling the head but i can't find it.
                    but with milling the head, delta cam,, h23 intake system and bored throttle body and a nice exaust i belive that we can put the chipped ecu into good work. but thats me. we are also considering swaping the head with the head of a 96-97 accord ex and see if we can get better air flow.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

almost doing the same set up to my cb7 (see sig) .050" will bump compression up to around 9.8:1 (according to the B series calculator with F22 specs). With milling, 272 grind, intake, header, exhaust, bored IM/TB, we will definately need tunning to get the optimum power from it.
                      Former Ride:
                      93 Accord Coupe
                      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                      Black on Black Leather
                      5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

you won't get better air flow. F22A heads have the best port geometry of any f-series.
                        H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
                          you won't get better air flow. F22A heads have the best port geometry of any f-series.

word
                          Former Ride:
                          93 Accord Coupe
                          Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                          Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                          Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                          Black on Black Leather
                          5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

yeah i have been searching around honda-tech. accordinglydone and some other sites and most people tend to agree that f22a engine have better air flow.
                            so now we might go with a dohc head and see what kind of gains does it have to offer,, and see if it worth the money, time....
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Sohc Powa Pwnz J00
                              H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

i always like the under dawg (f- series sohc)
                                Former Ride:
                                93 Accord Coupe
                                Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                                Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                                Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                                Black on Black Leather
                                5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X