Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

For the uberdata users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the uberdata users

Would you guys/girls be interested in Crome if i were to support it? Like would any of you be interested in switching from uber to crome? Cost would be $150 but you could still use the same burners that you already have.

Some of the benefits of Crome over Uberdata are in short:
    - Start up features
    - Cold idle features
    - Datalogging that shows 02 voltage, CEL codes, injector duration, duty cycle, and auto-save.
    - Knock logging for those with a knock sensor
    - Live Auto-adjustments which work with the lambda and knock readings and make the appropriate changes to the tables for best engine results. Most likely helpful in partial throttle.
    - Dynotools which is a horsepower estimator
    - Tune Wizard which makes suggestions as to what is the most appropriate action for tuning
    - Friendly interface
    - Undo redo history
    - IAT and ECT auto adjustment makes adjustments to the map depending on air intake temperatures and engine coolant temperatures.

So what i'm asking is, do you think uber is good enough for you and your needs?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

i think all those things sound great go tell blake to make the program with all that stuff!

Is chrome really better? ill run what ever everyone else is running.

Comment

Uber is fine, but crome has alot more features as listed above. The reason uber is so popular is because its open source and free. Developments to the uberdata program have not stopped by any means and new and improved versions of the program come out every couple of months. Uber will eventually have the same features as Crome but Crome will be further along when that happens.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

wow. goes to show how much iv been keeping up with this stuff..i didnt even know crome wasnt free anymore

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

oh theres still a free version but the things i listed are of Crome Pro and that version is $150

Comment

i would be interested in tying out crome. uber is fine but like u said crome has som good features that uber doen't have right now.

plus i have heard about the auto tune on crome, haven't read how to use it but it all sounds like almost anyone could use it eaisly.
            Last edited by Backfire32; 09-22-2005, 03:22 PM.

Comment

im not turbo yet but if u say that this is better than ill run my accord on it.........
              92 accord dx....traded
              97 accord ex....traded
              93 civic si ....stolen
              96 tercel ....sold
              97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
              97 civic 4door b16 sold
              04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

Its a good thing im selling my previous setup soon. Cant wait to run my new hondata.

Comment

hondata really isnt any thing better then whats already offered by crome/uber. if you wanted to brag.....:/

Comment

No i wasnt bragging if your on my cock that bad I just like hondata better though for some reason. You dont have to do much to really upgrade it because its already there yaknow jsut speakin form personal experience

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                      Is chrome really better? ill run what ever everyone else is running.
                      don't try to be original here or anything. lol.

I believe uberdata is fine for a normal setup, I mean, seriously, $150 so you don't have to crank twice, or so you don't have to do the CEL jumpers. I think uberdata is plenty enough, but if you want crome, all the power to ya.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

When crome was free I used it. Then it lost support so i stoped. I didnt even relize it wasnt free anymore. A lot of free and pricy programs are just coppies of crome and uberdata. I would use one of those before i ever paid 150. i do know more and more shops are converting to crome because with the 150 price tag they get a certain amount of product support. Personaly I think as uberdata evolves (which will happen slowly cuase its free) it will be as good or better than hondadata and crome. As for now people seem to be exploring real time emulators. Once uberdata supports this it will ownnnn.

Comment

will chrome support autos? i know hondata doesnt...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Would people stop calling it CHROME. Its CROME!!!

Crome sound like it has more user friendly features. Being able to start your car up in one shot sounds pretty useful to me. Definitely the support is here from me should you switch to CROME, MRX. I might just get one myself, as I have been doing my research and I feel that I understand this ecu chipping deal. (more or less)

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                              Once uberdata supports this it will ownnnn.
                              it already does support RTP. Also the free version of Crome still exists its called Crome Free. I too believe Uber will either catch up to or surpass Crome because there are many minds working on new versions, features, and any bugs all the time.

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                              will chrome support autos? i know hondata doesnt...
                              Good question...we should check up on that.

Oh and guys...just FYI i did finally figure out how to get the car to start-up on the first crank. On top of that the newest version of uber has a start-up cranking feature i just haven't tested it out yet. One thing i'm looking into is if the FTL feature is an ignition cut or a fuel cut. Uber is a fuel cut but i want ignition to help me build boost off the line.

As to the hondata debate. To each their own, but most tuners consider it outdated and easily surpassed by these rival programs.

Comment

Working...
                              X