Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Short Ram Vs. Cold air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Ram Vs. Cold air

I always wondered what was better for my 93 accord, does it make a difference, I only notice the difference on the freeway with the cold air. The short ram just makes a deeper sound, I'm confused.

Also does it make a difference if I get a straight piping done, people tell me it's going to really loud, so I don't know if I should get it and if it will give me power

allready discused a buncha times man...do a search ull find everything u need

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

do a search man they even have the letters bolded in red

Comment

A SR is just closer to you, hence perhaps why it seems to sound LOUDER/DEEPER/COOLER. But I think a CAI is and will be better, especially for NA cars, however there is that risk of sucking water and all that.

Build your car to your liking, if your an avid hardcore track person, then get CAI. I myself have contemplated going back to stock box.
        hahahahah

Comment

wow, theres a thread about the same fucking shit right under this one right now!!

-jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

this is rediculous.no one answer him let him find it on his own. if we keep finding what they want they will never learn to search.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35684

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
              this is rediculous.no one answer him let him find it on his own. if we keep finding what they want they will never learn to search.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35684
              amen

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                wow, theres a thread about the same fucking shit right under this one right now!!

-jose
                lol no way man.. the other one is cold air vs short ram.. totally different
                DIY antenna control
                DIY ghetto short ram
                Battery Relocation

New Project
                1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

you know its bad when the linked thread contains:
                  "This has been discussed a million times, use the SEARCH button"

which contains a linked thread ... and so on....

Comment

I won't help in the Intake question you have since there is a whole bunch of info on them, but on the straight pipe I would say no. do not do it, unless you are running mad horsepower, other than that no, because these cars from what I have read need back pressure and if you go with straight pipes; yes it'll be louder but it would loose HP and the acceleration response will decrease and feel sluggish.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                      I won't help in the Intake question you have since there is a whole bunch of info on them, but on the straight pipe I would say no. do not do it, unless you are running mad horsepower, other than that no, because these cars from what I have read need back pressure and if you go with straight pipes; yes it'll be louder but it would loose HP and the acceleration response will decrease and feel sluggish.
                      You realize the last post was almost 4 years ago right? lol.
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                          You realize the last post was almost 4 years ago right? lol.

too funny....

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Working...
                          X