Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bad news about DH-Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news about DH-Racing

I was searching around the allmotor section of H-T and ran into this...

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1400162&page=1

Disturbing huh? I got to page 3 and only 2 ppl stood up for him...both had less than 4 posts
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

This made my cry inside...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      This made my cry inside...
      me too

Comment

damn, maybe i wont be getting pistons from him...
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

o lord, and I was really looking forward to sending my shit out to him.

hmm, i duno, im ambivalent right now.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

That Honda-Tech thread with some negative comments on DH Racing is nothing new. I ran into that thread because of this thread on Accordinglydone.com:

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ad.php?t=11211

Dave @ DHR in the past at a certain point in time had some bad eggs for people that worked for him and caused issues with some of his customers. Long story short, Dave got rid of them guys after he found out and hit them customers back and did things right. If any of you have talked with Dave, he basically does all the work himself and it is ALOT of work he does. This guy does more than headwork, he does intake manifolds (stock modified & custom), he BUILDS entire performance engines and supplies various performance parts. He even ships the parts out himself! Not only that, but during all this time he TRIES to catch up on his work, he's constantly answering phone calls so this delays him. Anyways, Dave has tried a few people in the past to help him out and some were decent, others were shady. In the end, not many have stuck around with him for long because it is hard work and they wimp out on him. Recently he had two guys working for him, one was good and the other kind of lazy. Well, the lazy guy is gone now and the other guy I think is still working for him. I haven't asked him in the past couple weeks if the guy stuck around.

Anyhow, like any business you run into bad employees. Bottomline is, I have not ever been ripped off by Dave, he keeps in touch well by email (if you hit him with questions, he gets back to you within 1-2 days), however on the phone he's harder to get because he's so busy. He IS an honest guy and you guys can view my All-Motor White project thread to prove he gets you the parts. Keep posted for pics of the F22 head he's done for me and custom pistons as well, then you'll see what's up:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=26368

Also, no one can argue his experience, it's sheer fact. He HAS had 17 yrs experience in Honda/Acura race industry and if you check out his website, www.dh-racing.com, you will see videos to a couple of his projects and the 1/4 times! You also have dyno graphs for proof of his work. Not only that, but you have articles of what he calls a 2.1 NA Beast with B16 head that he built this engine for a customer and runs 11.756 @ 112.09 mph (http://www.dh-racing.com/gallery.html). Even more so, on the cover page of his website you have a thumbnail for a recent H22 head flow he did and it shows you how much he's improved the flow of the head. He was REALLY excited about getting this head onto his motor, it's gonna be crazy!

You can not argue facts people. He is good at what he does. What you have to do is, talk to him personally and deal with him, which is easy now because he personally answers the phone and writes responses to emails. He won't rip you off.

All said and done, those that choose to steer away from him because you heard this and that, you'll lose out. You got to remember people, there are so many misconceptions and people elaborating the truth on the internet it's crazy. It's hard to sort out the BS. Quit taking other peoples info for fact and research on your own, I have up on trusting one sole person's view on a subject for the fact, you have to EARN that with me for me to trust you. That being said, you don't even have to believe me either, call him and talk to him personally before you opt him out.

Another thing, Dave doesn't have that many friends on Honda-Tech because if you haven't noticed, there is a decent amount of west coast boys on there that are into the same thing as him. Wouldn't you want to screw someone else to get more business too? He's good at what he does and it pisses people off, it's competition. Also, some of the engines he builds for customers and sends out to them, he's had instances where they don't properly install/tune/run the motor and it's came back to him for repairs, etc. He's worked with the customers as best he can.

PENDING: I have additional suppporting information coming, I'm having Dave Hickman send me a copy he's sent before of an all-motor record he has in the Las Vegas, NV area that's old and still not broken.
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-06-2006, 09:57 PM.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

wow i find it interesting how everyone here loves dave and his sight and everyone there hates him and his site

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Cisco-I knew 100% that you'd chime in and have it all broken down, reading your post made me not so confused! I felt pretty misled after reading that entire HT thread, I'm not going to bother reading the others. It's a shame all that had to happen (what you stated above )

Comment

Hum, Dave -1.

Honestly he might be a great guy, and I've never talked about him. But smoke = flame. It is not good to hear about (especially a small company like him) having issues with workmanship; no matter who did the bad work.
                  There must be other reputable shops, whose work is solidly backed, that do accords.
                  .02 take it or leave it.

- Zipcreature
                  Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

But cisco, that guy came in with all the specs that were out of clearance, the head was off, a valve didn't seat...those aren't exactly installation errors. Its hard to diagnose how good a head is if we're not personally there to take measurements and test the seating of the valves. I'm only paying attention to all the ppl that have had personal experience with his work, not the bandwagon ppl. I do understand that its possible it could be a setup tho from competitors but it still makes me weary...and rightfully so i believe. That thread wasn't created long ago enough to consider it the past. I trust you and your judgement but at the same time its still disturbing ya know? And i know of a couple performance shops that have race cars with nice numbers...but still install pistons backwards. So his car's times mean nothing to me personally.

I'm just glad you knew about this already!
                    Last edited by MRX; 01-07-2006, 12:28 AM.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

You know, the work speaks for itself. I'm not going to say anything anymore, not worth the hassle. I talk with all my sources personally and get to know them on a personal level. Everyone has a right to their opinion, who am I to try and change that. People have to come to their own realizations for views to change.

Just keep posted on my white accord project thread in the NA section for pics. That's how I'll keep people posted.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I like to get some stuff from him...but idk...
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

eh, if cisco trusts him, then I trust him.

He is still good in my book, and I'm willing to take a chance with him, when I get the money that is, lol.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            eh, if cisco trusts him, then I trust him.

He is still good in my book, and I'm willing to take a chance with him, when I get the money that is, lol.

-Jose
                            I'm thinking bout taking a chance with spark racing rods, and maybe dave's pistons too...idk yet.
                            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Well, Dave just posted a reply here. And someone tell him the links to videos in the sig of that post don't work.

I think I trust him and his work. He's at the top of my list for headwork as of right now. And after HondaFan81 puts his shit together we'll get to see how well it goes.
                              Last edited by uslspct; 01-07-2006, 03:56 AM.
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                              X