Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fuel 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read crap yet, but I definitely will. I just thought I'd paste this link cuz I think it'd fit in this thread. More info I just found:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...ct/tech_1.html
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

great find...according to my calculations my 450 cc injectors are good till 290 hp and the stock f22 injectors are good till about 179 or so
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0306it_ppprelude/

for all the unbelievers who don't think that slightly raising fuel pressure will add more hp...i picked this example solely because it is an h22

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0306it_ppprelude/

for all the unbelievers who don't think that slightly raising fuel pressure will add more hp...i picked this example solely because it is an h22

after the addition of the Crower 63421 cams though...

don't expect gains like that with bolt ons... although it has been proven that you will pick up slight gains by upping the fuel pressure a psi or 2 in conjunction with I/H/E since it ever so slightly leans out the mixture...
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Yeah, you turned me into a believer of that already. I'm going to be getting my car dyno tuned this summer with the nitrous anyway so I won't be blindly adding fuel. Notice though that they did lose some high end power which shows they probably added a little too much fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              great find...according to my calculations my 450 cc injectors are good till 290 hp and the stock f22 injectors are good till about 179 or so
              I looked into this too only I found our stock 240 cc/min to be at the limit at 200 hp at motor. Anything over that and you'll need to upgrade a bit or alot depending on your application. This included raising fuel psi.

Comment

Well I asked about this and pretty much got called an idiot by BustedLx ... if I'm running nitrous and making over 200 hp then wouldn't I need new injectors?

Comment

I wonder if h22 injectors would be a direct bolt on for you fearit22. And i know that most gains on that h22 were after the cam...but isn't that a bolt on also? Theres plenty of ppl running around this board with upgraded cams, i/h/e and no fuel mods to compensate. With FPR and a V-AFC they could have gotten even better numbers but its still all about that dyno guys and girls. I'll try to find some more a little later on.

Comment

I think I've heard that h22 injectors won't fit. Unfortunately I'm one of those bad people heh ... cam, i/h/e w/ test pipe and other crap and still not a single fuel upgrade. I will probably benefit a lot from a fpr when I get one. I will be making a decent amount of power so I'm not sure if I need to upgrade the injectors or not. I will find out at the shop in a couple months and post back on here so people can use it as a reference. I'm definitely going to upgrade the fuel pump though because I'm going to be running a 75 shot of nitrous on top of everything else so I'll need that. The cheapest Walbro 255 pump I've found was like $109. Have you found anything cheaper midnite racer x?

Comment

don't pay more than $100, most of the ones i've seen go for $90 or so on ebay and other performance sites, i'll have to do another search and give u some web addresses. Don't let me forget

Comment

I'll do some more looking around. I hadn't checked on ebay for those yet. I want to make sure I get a high pressure capable one though.

Comment

Well instead of starting another thread I'm going to leave this in our fuel related thread. Whenever I race I like to run as low on gas as possible to make it lighter, but at what point could this become bad? I know running your car low will heat up fuel pumps and cause sometimes cause damage. Is there a point though where you would be low enough on gas that you wouldn't be getting adequte fuel and fuel pressure? I was just wondering because it felt like that happened the other day. I usually can tell the difference from racing my car on a full tank to like a quarter tank or so, but I ran it pretty much on E and it felt like there was nothing there. Anyone have any insight on the positioning of the fuel pump or any other relevant information? I just want to know if it could possibly effect it or not...

Comment

I've heard something like the fuel pressure is more accurate when its atleast half full but i'm not sure about the fuel pumps mounting position. I'll have to search along with you on that one . I usually race with 1/4 to 1/2 full tank

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                              Well instead of starting another thread I'm going to leave this in our fuel related thread. Whenever I race I like to run as low on gas as possible to make it lighter, but at what point could this become bad? I know running your car low will heat up fuel pumps and cause sometimes cause damage. Is there a point though where you would be low enough on gas that you wouldn't be getting adequte fuel and fuel pressure? I was just wondering because it felt like that happened the other day. I usually can tell the difference from racing my car on a full tank to like a quarter tank or so, but I ran it pretty much on E and it felt like there was nothing there. Anyone have any insight on the positioning of the fuel pump or any other relevant information? I just want to know if it could possibly effect it or not...
                              I might just be retarted, but I noted this as well...I just thought I was being stupidly anal. Anyways, my car feels a little bit more peppy in throttle response when I have more than a 1/4 tank. Lower than that and it seems to dog a bit. My car also have 254K miles

Comment

Alright, I'm very glad I'm not the only one who seemed to notice that. It made since to me that it would not be getting enough pressure, but I had never heard anyone say anything about it. I think I'm going to run at least a quarter tank from now on. It's only like a 20 pound difference in weight so I'm sure having adequate full pressure is more important than taking off 20 pounds or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X