Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

removing the resonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett
    I'm sure your's sounded just fantastic, but everyone that isn't deaf will think it sounds like crap.
    lol yea dont take the off the exhaust resonator i did it it sounded just like a weed eater

Comment

resonators get rid of higher frequency noises, so removing any type of resonator means more higher frequency noises, like those associated with open exhaust hondas and dirt bikes

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
        my question..... does taking out the resonator really help that much... and second.... he said he can feel it. Is this true?
        Everyone is right in the thread...

Dont remove the resonator? why? you're not going to gain any HP..okay...1.5 HP? lol!

The only thing you'll gain is noise.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by chicago
          if your talkin about the exhaust no it will not sound like shit my exhaust was THE deepest sounding exhaust in my city and every one said they oved it. and mine is cut off.
          Your kidding me right.....As mentioned they DO sound like weed whackers unless you like that sound. I sure as hell dont.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

this should be in the n00b forum
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X