Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

t3/t4 on 2g manifold? Tired of Searching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t3/t4 on 2g manifold? Tired of Searching.

I tired of searching. Will a t3/t4 mount up to a 2g manifold? If not, what do I need to make it work?

yes u can.. use an adapter plate..

www.bmcrace.com

dsm/ t3/t4 adapter plate..

this is the one to look for

"T3 (Standard) to
    14B (1&2G DSM)"

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

no problem mang... lol.. i bet i just saved ur ass from having to buy some *** ass dsm manifold flanged for t3/t4 off ebay.. ey???

10 bucks says.. now ur gonna get urself a good dsm manifold.. with no cracks.. and slap on some t3/t4... hehehe..
        Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-09-2006, 11:33 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Also:
          hahnracecraft.com caries it. Might be cheaper.

Comment

Hahn's adapter is more expensive, I've checked on their prices and ended up buying from BMC
            1993 Prelude S
            F22A1
            custom'ish turbo setup
            180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
            18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
            currently being rebuilt

Comment

Kick ass. So to confirm, I buy myself the 2g Manifold and the Flange and I am good to go.

Comment

correcto mundo.. then itll just be a matter of how much more out of the block ull have to chisel out.. lol.. since the flange is gonna make the turbo sit lower.. ull probably have to remove a bigger chunk.. to clear it..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                  correcto mundo.. then itll just be a matter of how much more out of the block ull have to chisel out.. lol.. since the flange is gonna make the turbo sit lower.. ull probably have to remove a bigger chunk.. to clear it..
                  you definately need to grind a crap load with that adapter, trust me i know. i had to grid so much thati made holes going to the transmission housing. i would suggest dont be a cheeap juu(like me) and buy at least a log manifold that doesnt require you to grind the hell out of your block. OR buy a t3/t4 with a dsm housing already one it like a bullseye turbo

Comment

what if he angle cut the flange.. at an angle so that when bolted to the manifold.. it would cawk the turbo towards the front of the car..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

http://www.tt3kgt.com/friendpics/ray...e/manifold.jpg

like so... i know the adapter plate isnt as big.. but what if u grinded it down about 1/4 unevenly.. cut at an angle basiclly.. that way when mounted it would make the turbo sit further away from the block.. (less grinding)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thats a good idea...

Comment

Working...
                        X