Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

HPD Releases K20C1 CTR Turbo Crate Engine for $9k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPD Releases K20C1 CTR Turbo Crate Engine for $9k

Click image for larger version  Name:	149464941_1506869249511308_6534001574524819858_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	4977868

So who's gonna be the first to swap this in?
    Realistically for $9k there may be better cost effective options but for $9k you have something unique and OEM reliable, also plug and play power!

Honda K20C1 Civic Type R - OEM HPD Crate Engine
    2.0L 4 Cylinder K20C1 Long Block
    Power 306hp @6,500 RPM
    Torque 295 lb-ft. of tq. from 2,500-4,500 RPM
    $9000 USD (crate engine & controls package)

Crate Engine Contents (available now)
    K20C1 long block
    Turbo
    Intake
    Direct Injection Fuel System
    Starter
    Alternator
    $6790 USD

Controls Package (available May 1st)
    ECU developed and calibrated by HPD
    Stand-alone engine harness with flying leads
    Accelerator pedal
    Clutch and brake switches
    CAN data output
    $2210 USD

"Honda Performance Development will be much obliged to sell you a K20C1 from May 1st, 2021, in the guise of a limited-edition crate engine. Intended for use in racing and off-highway applications, each motor costs $6,790, and the control package adds $2,210 to the tally for a grand total of $9,000."

EDIT: New YouTube linking feature not working?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhwyACeXp88 - Full Motortrend Video on K20C1 Crate Engine

Click image for larger version  Name:	149460831_736195460365772_74500215884955586_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	4977869
    Click image for larger version  Name:	149334361_478513206507794_1180637877124485203_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.1 KB ID:	4977870
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 02-12-2021, 03:33 AM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Very cool for a crate engine! But just too tall for our setup if it's the same as other K20s. I know others have done it but this thing sits lower than a H22 in our cars which forces one to go 4x4 in stance height...

Comment

So you still have to get your hands on the transmission though. Not including mounts, custom axles, intercooler, piping, clutch, and exhaust. So realistically it would probably cost one of us close to 18k. Now If we had a SI and wanted up upgrade then that 9K price seems more in reach. Pretty cool though
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Interesting... I've secretly dreamed of finding a totaled CTR and swapping the drivetrain in the 93SE didn't know if it would fit but apparently now I know. Guess I'll have to go with a Tesla electric motor swap instead...
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Are K24s shorter than K20s?

The CTR engine is a beast... but for 9k, you could build a pretty potent turbo K24 or even F22A. The engineering of the newer engine surely surpasses that of the older stuff, especially the ancient F22A... but the old stuff is still plenty capable of making more than enough power for anything street-driven!
          Back when I was initially planning a turbo H22 build, I easily priced it out over $10,000, though. Granted, that was a build capable of 500+hp (I was working with an old CB7tuner member with such a build under his own hood.)

Comment

Originally posted by deev 2.0 View Post
            Are K24s shorter than K20s?

The CTR engine is a beast... but for 9k, you could build a pretty potent turbo K24 or even F22A. The engineering of the newer engine surely surpasses that of the older stuff, especially the ancient F22A... but the old stuff is still plenty capable of making more than enough power for anything street-driven!
            Back when I was initially planning a turbo H22 build, I easily priced it out over $10,000, though. Granted, that was a build capable of 500+hp (I was working with an old CB7tuner member with such a build under his own hood.)
            Same size. This guys vid break down shows the bulky mechanical pump added to the bottom and the different head configuration / spacer bars (+ rocker arm assembly). (6:24). He notes that Honda will tilt the engine to maximize space in the bay too and why the oil pan is shaped as it is. Too bad no mechanical pump removal DIY exists for the K's to lose 4" off the bottom.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_hb...nel=speedkar99

Comment

Working...
            X