Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

header choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header choice

what would be a good header for my f22a1? i was thinkin chikara tork step...
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

stock headers are fine,ex ones anyway.

Comment

if i cant find an ex header how are the e-*** headers?
      R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
      My members ride page

Comment

i have herd good things about them.but ex headers are best.seriously,if ya want looks go ebay,you want performance go stock ex.

Comment

Its depends on how much you willing to spend. Remember you get what you pay for I prefer smsp,headertech,an-r speed sure aint cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            Its depends on how much you willing to spend. Remember you get what you pay for I prefer smsp,headertech,an-r speed sure aint cheap.
            yea thanks true, but we all cant have a fancy h22 mister sparkle. spending a grand on a header for a f-series, hell no!!!!!

i say if you dont have to abide by carb laws just get an ebay header. i got one for $100 and it was fine. never cracked or anything like that.

Comment

well you got what you paid for ebay headers arent for performance you spend 1000 you may not get 1000hp but in the long run if you wanna build your motor down the line thats the first thing youd probably get rid of soooo .

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                ex headers are best.seriously,if ya want looks go ebay,you want performance go stock ex.

since when?

any proof of that?
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Me too i wanna see that?

Comment

Save yourself an assload of money and get an EX header from a junkyard, or try ebay or something. The other headers are just like the EX header, just have a nice chrome finish and other crap. Not worth it IMO. But if you have some extra DOUGH, and you want some brand name sh!t than go for it. peaCe...
                    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                      Save yourself an assload of money and get an EX header from a junkyard, or try ebay or something. The other headers are just like the EX header, just have a nice chrome finish and other crap. Not worth it IMO. But if you have some extra DOUGH, and you want some brand name sh!t than go for it. peaCe...

proof please...

some measurements of the inlet ports, the collector...
                      maybe even a dyno sheet would be nice...

otherwise it's pure speculation...
                      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                        proof please...

some measurements of the inlet ports, the collector...
                        maybe even a dyno sheet would be nice...

otherwise it's pure speculation...
                        The inlet ports are slightly smaller than the aftermarket ones, its so small its unoticeable (i know this cause i measured compared to a chikara) (not sure about other brands to be honest). and dyno wise, I will try and help you find the one I have, post it ASAP. Speculation, no...it is the same 4-2-1 design.
                        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                          The inlet ports are slightly smaller than the aftermarket ones, its so small its unoticeable (i know this cause i measured compared to a chikara) (not sure about other brands to be honest). and dyno wise, I will try and help you find the one I have, post it ASAP. Speculation, no...it is the same 4-2-1 design.
                          same basic design perhaps... but not the same internal construction and diameters... and you yourself said the stock EX manifold is smaller... so it will become a bottleneck at some point...even a tiny difference can affect flow...
                          did you measure the collector? that's the killer...

even an EX gets a hp gain from going to a DC header... that's a fact...

it's not like the EX was meant as a performance model... not all 4-2-1 designs are equal...

so basically all I'm saying is that mod for mod an aftermarket header will have an edge over the stock EX 4-2-1 manifold...
                          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I'm not trying to best you or prove you wrong or anything bro...

I just don't think it's accurate to say that the EX manifold is comparable to something aftermarket.... with some obvious exceptions like Pacesetter...

sure it'll give you nice felt gains on an LX/DX but it's not so wise in the long run if you are doing a lot of modding...you'd be wasting money if you're just going to go aftermarket later...

if you want to keep it close to stock or incredibly mild then I will agree with you though and say it's probably a good idea...and def better than the LX/DX 4-1 hunk o iron manifold...
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I dont want to hassle with 14 year old junkyard parts. Id rather spenp 100-120 on ebay or 150 for a Chikara
                              R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                              My members ride page

Comment

Working...
                              X