Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What Do You Guys Think About Obx Products Like The Camshafts? Get It Or No.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do You Guys Think About Obx Products Like The Camshafts? Get It Or No.

i WAS LOOKING AT SOME CAMSHAFTS AND RAN INTO OBX BRAND JUST WONDERING IF THEIR ANYGOOD AND IS THE GAIN AND QUALITY WORTH THE MONEY?

i believe deev was looking at obx cams, but he didn't get them, i personally would not get their camshafts, you don't want to crap out on such an important part of the engine, just remember that you get what your pay for, i would personally go with crower they have been very sucessful and have no drivability issues
    Members Ride

Comment

Sure be the tester and do it and have a writeup on how it is. There is one person running the OBX LSD on here i think havent heard any new news on it yet though. Personally Its a use at your own risk because 1. No one uses them 2. its ebay. You might get gains and such you never know but dunno how reliable they are.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i agree, obx is good, but known to not be perfect... usually the cost difference is enough to offset the quality difference, like prodigymb's oil pan - the bolt holes were all off and he had to redrill them. but in the end it worked and it was cheaper than a moroso ... but for something as critical and precise as the shape of the cam lobes, id spend the money on a good name brand...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

thats what I thought, thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
              lol. I noticed that too, o well. thats funny though

Comment

I heard something on HT about them eating through retainers or whatever they make contact with on the valvetrain. They don't make retainers for them either. I wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yea Obx

A buddy got a set of rotors sent from Obx themselves to our shop...they came warped....

I dont know...never heard anything great about them....but then again i havent heard anything horrible...i tend to agree with Cp[Mike] and such....for lesser important parts it isnt too bad but for critical parts id pay the extra and take comfort in quality products.

Comment

so my best buy for a camshaft, retainers and springs would be either crower or jun right?

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                      so my best buy for a camshaft, retainers and springs would be either crower or jun right?
                      I would do careful research on this topic if I were in your shoes. Well I was in your shoes a year ago. My Crower intake cam snapped in half. Its not something that only happens to OBX products.

Billet cams tend to snap. I find the regrind method to be much better.

1. Regrinds only flatten out over a period of time, which means you only revert to stock.

2. Regrinds use stock cores, stock cores do not snap.

3. Regrinds are much cheaper than Crower and Skunk2 cams. And if you want, you can grind them to Crower's specs.
                      However, the necessary valvetrain upgrades should be done. Alot of people get away with the stock components, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                        I would do careful research on this topic if I were in your shoes. Well I was in your shoes a year ago. My Crower intake cam snapped in half. Its not something that only happens to OBX products.

1. Regrinds only flatten out over a period of time, which means you only revert to stock.

3. Regrinds are much cheaper than Crower and Skunk2 cams. And if you want, you can grind them to Crower's specs.
                        However, the necessary valvetrain upgrades should be done. Alot of people get away with the stock components, tho.
                        Nah regrinds don't go back to stock. If anything they'd just wear down till the lobes are flat. I think the companies have it figured out so they don't though.

But yea keeping it OEM is best. I'd get jiggy with either some Web regrinds or some Type-S's.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i have a set of their obx headers they are not bad but i would not buy buy their interal parts , you know the old saying you get what you pay for
                          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282

dan (nos2nr) had a regrind in his new engine. the end snapped of after 60 miles.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                            X