Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Delta Regrinds & ECU questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran my 272 on a SOHC with only I/H/E/ported TB and an FPR on both a stock PT3 and PT6 and I never had any real problems after a little tuning via, ignition timing and FPR... oh and some TB/idle adjustments...

Although it did run much better once I was running the chipped P06... I was getting really good results and creeping up on official low 15's/maybe even breaking into the 14's after a little more work... including milling and porting the head...

but stupid me set the rev limiter at like 9k and forgot to set it back when burning a new map...

and that's when it all ended racing a 15.0x civic...at 7500 plus rpm's... a defective timing belt crapped out...

What was the original question again?

oh yeah... stock ECU was fine for me after playing with ignition and fuel a little...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

hmmm.
      im the anamoly here
      with my current setup, the h23 IM, h23 TB, bomz sri, delta 272, dc header, and whatever else im not listing here, the car runs fine on the stock ecu for my f22a1. my idle is at about 800-1200 rpms at idle when its warmer, and this morning while cold it stayed at about 1500 rpms. maybe its just because i changed lots of stuff all at once, but i can really feel the powerband kick in at about 3k and it just keeps pulling until redline. perhaps once i get the p06 this week it will be an even vaster(more vast?) improvement. when i do get it, i have found a shop in town that tunes with crome, and tuning time is about 150/hr, so we shall see. word.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
        I ran my 272 on a SOHC with only I/H/E/ported TB and an FPR on both a stock PT3 and PT6 and I never had any real problems after a little tuning via, ignition timing and FPR... oh and some TB/idle adjustments...
        oh yeah... stock ECU was fine for me after playing with ignition and fuel a little...
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        with my current setup, the h23 IM, h23 TB, bomz sri, delta 272, dc header, and whatever else im not listing here, the car runs fine on the stock ecu for my f22a1.
        Very interesting, good input to both of you

Comment

Although it did run much better once I was running the chipped P06... I was getting really good results and creeping up on official low 15's/maybe even breaking into the 14's after a little more work... including milling and porting the head...

but stupid me set the rev limiter at like 9k and forgot to set it back when burning a new map...

and that's when it all ended racing a 15.0x civic...at 7500 plus rpm's... a defective timing belt crapped out...

What was the original question again?

Since I had a MRX chipped P06 ECU I didn't bother tuning via FPR because I don't like that method and I had the chipped ECU accessible. Strictly leaving things the way they were and setting FPR to 42 psi WOT which is on the high end of a F22a6 engine fuel setup, a PT3 ECU did not work for me to even idle the car, it simply started up and fell flat on it's face due to high 9s/low 10s AFR.

For those too lazy to click on my sig project link thread my mods again:

- 3" short ram intake
          - bored H23 TB 67-64mm (portmatch to plenum)
          - ported H23 intake manifold (runners portmatched to head)
          - F22 CHR street ported head
          - Kamikaze 4-1 header w/2.5" collector (portmatched to head)
          - 2.5" exhaust system
          - Delta 272 cam regrind
          - chipped P06 ECU/Hondata S200 system
          - adjustable fuel psi regulator set to 42 psi WOT
          - engine bay fuel gauge
          - adjustable cam gear set to 0 degrees
          - ignition timing 18 deg BTDC @ 1200 rpm idle
          - stock F22ax injectors 240 cc/min rated (actual 253-258 cc/min after cleaning/flowed)
          - stock fuel pump
          - stock fuel rail
          - 12 lb flywheel
          - aftermarket stage 1 clutch
          - F22a1 5spd tranny
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-24-2006, 04:52 PM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            Since I had a MRX chipped P06 ECU I didn't bother tuning via FPR because I don't like that method and I had the chipped ECU accessible. Strictly leaving things the way they were and setting FPR to 42 psi WOT which is on the high end of a F22a6 engine fuel setup, a PT3 ECU did not work for me to even idle the car, it simply started up and fell flat on it's face due to high 9s/low 10s AFR.
            Even after I was using a chipped P06 I still saw some benfeits from adjusting the FPR. I found a sweet spot for my setup of 45psi WOT and adjusted the Map accordingly...

My setup liked the higher Fuel PSI...

I actually had more idle issues with my early Maps on the P06 than I did with the Accord ECU's...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
              hmmm.
              im the anamoly here
              with my current setup, the h23 IM, h23 TB, bomz sri, delta 272, dc header, and whatever else im not listing here, the car runs fine on the stock ecu for my f22a1. my idle is at about 800-1200 rpms at idle when its warmer, and this morning while cold it stayed at about 1500 rpms. maybe its just because i changed lots of stuff all at once, but i can really feel the powerband kick in at about 3k and it just keeps pulling until redline. perhaps once i get the p06 this week it will be an even vaster(more vast?) improvement. when i do get it, i have found a shop in town that tunes with crome, and tuning time is about 150/hr, so we shall see. word.
              Did you not say you had a ported F22 head as well??

Comment

Even after I was using a chipped P06 I still saw some benfeits from adjusting the FPR. I found a sweet spot for my setup of 45psi WOT and adjusted the Map accordingly...

My setup liked the higher Fuel PSI...

I actually had more idle issues with my early Maps on the P06 than I did with the Accord ECU's...
                I know my fuel injectors flow 253-258 cc/min at 43.5 psi standard flow bench practice. I'm actually running around 43 psi on my engine, I just say 42. I had injectors cleaned/flowed before installing them because I'm meticulous and wanted to make sure I wasn't ripping myself off. Hell, I had my H22 injectors flowed as well for my white project and yes they rated at 345 cc/min as people say, but actually flow 355 cc/min EVERY single one at 43.5 psi.

Comment

Working...
                X