Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 type-s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 type-s

i was wondering how much type-s pistons and rods would cost brand new? i was thinking about getting them and dropping them in my H22. i would also get some valves, not sure what kind yet, i wanna have a mild build thats still streetable. any suggestions?
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

If your gonna get them new might as well go aftermarket.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      If your gonna get them new might as well go aftermarket.
      ^^^^^ what he said

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

im not 100percent sure on this but i think if u put new piston in a h22 u have to get the block sleaved
        f22 full head for sale port and polished 200 bucks 73k miles on the head

Comment

Not the Type S pistons there direct drop in but I am pretty sure there are similar ones to the type s piston design or he can just get the mahle pistons.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah but after awhile the coating on the piston will eventually wear out the sleeve hes better off throwing type s pistons in there with some aftermarket rods with genuine oem honda bearings. Strangely enough he talks about the type s I didnt hear what makes the type s the type s like the cams he can go skunk2stage 2 on those with some skunk2 valvesprings and retainers. No need for oversized valves you can use your stock ones. Dont forget the port and polish you wont seriously need it though and with some good tuning your all set.

Comment

^ True but even stock pistons will wear out the sleeves afterwhile. Its not uncommon to have burnt or even scarred cylinder walls in h22s.
              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
              registration is free

Comment

i got some jdm type-s pistons.....200 shipped

Comment

thanks for the opinions and help, i appreciate it, sublime could you PM some pics of the pistons or email me them?
                  new ride
                  07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Originally posted by JDMjunkie
                    thanks for the opinions and help, i appreciate it, sublime could you PM some pics of the pistons or email me them?
                    i'm not sublime.......i'm sulimed,and the PM is on the way

Comment

sorry dude my bad, i mis-read that
                      new ride
                      07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

how much whp will a type s gain? and what are the benifits of it beside being better?

Comment

if i am not mistaking raising your compression like a point yeilds about 20 horses. i the overall engine components would determine the real numbers. as far as aftermarket type s. that sounds shakey to me. the only type s most people get are the oem. anything aftermarket and you might as well resleeve. the mahle are still an experiment in a sense for the h22. not many have heard extreme success stories about them as far as 15k+ on them. but there aren't a heck of alot of bad stories either. the engine bulider and tuner can make or break your engine.
                          91 Ex CB9
                          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                          Weight Reductions
                          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by flight50
                            if i am not mistaking raising your compression like a point yeilds about 20 horses. i the overall engine components would determine the real numbers. as far as aftermarket type s. that sounds shakey to me. the only type s most people get are the oem. anything aftermarket and you might as well resleeve. the mahle are still an experiment in a sense for the h22. not many have heard extreme success stories about them as far as 15k+ on them. but there aren't a heck of alot of bad stories either. the engine bulider and tuner can make or break your engine.
                            im not sure about every point adding 20hp, but i im pretty sure the compression of a stock h22 is 10.6:1 where as the the h22 type S has type S pistons which yield 11:1 compression as well as a larger throttle body (i think), and also more aggressive cams. therefore yielding 220hp versus 200hp.

Comment

Originally posted by aznboi5022
                              im not sure about every point adding 20hp, but i im pretty sure the compression of a stock h22 is 10.6:1 where as the the h22 type S has type S pistons which yield 11:1 compression as well as a larger throttle body (i think), and also more aggressive cams. therefore yielding 220hp versus 200hp.
                              What he said. But it still wont show 20 whp. Maybe with some tuning you can get more out of it but other than that dropping it in isnt gonna net you much.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X