Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best 2.5" OEM muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 2.5" OEM muffler?

I got a generic muffler on my car now but it's kinda crappy. It's definitely choking shit up and it wasn't even put on well. I'm looking for something OEM as I have no cat and don't want to deal with cutting and welding an expensive catback.

From what I know, a muffler from a car w/a lot of HP will quiet stuff down a lot as well as flow very well. I'm thinking of getting the muffler from one of the following cars:

RSX
    BB6 Prelude
    '00+ Maxima/I30/I35
    Mazda Millenia

Anyone running any OEM mufflers? Please provide some insight

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

hmm... never thought of that man, sounds good!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

That a good idea. I never knew you could use an OEM exhaust off a newer car and put it on a CB7.

Comment

You could get a dynomax super tubo. Flows darn near as well as a stright pipe, but it's pretty quiet!
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

I had a buddy with a 94 ls vtec, in his teg with a TRUCK muffler. jus a reg ford truck muffler. surprisingly it wastucked up unda there good. sounded really hollow, he had 2.5 with the truck muffler, u heard nothing but the vtec all the time
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Put on a rsx muffler. sublime had one on his old accord, and it sounded stealthy quiet.

Comment

I'm thinking about a dual muffler setup too... like from the 6th gen Accord V6

*ponders*

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

RSX. I hear quite a bit of people that run this one and they have no complaints.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i got mine custom with a 2.5 high flow, 2.5 22" long resonator with the 2.5 5x8 muffler looks STOCK but nice sound like a stock nismo 350z but thats me
                  either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah
                    i got mine custom with a 2.5 high flow, 2.5 22" long resonator with the 2.5 5x8 muffler looks STOCK but nice sound like a stock nismo 350z but thats me
                    Which muffler???

Comment

anyone tried the ITR ones?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        I would like to see that but I bet its pretty expensive.

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          Ya check HT. QUite a bit of people run that. Vibrant is popular too.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Honda Pilot Muffler
                            DEVOTE

Comment

For OEM, I would go with a 05+ RSX muffler.

They look good, but stock, they sound awesome, and they were 2.5" where the earlier RSX had 2.25."

They are a little spendy though. About $325.

There is an 05+ RSX-S at school here and it sounds REALLY good.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X