Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best 2.5" OEM muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10thcb7
    s2000 mabey?
    Nawww... the S2000 has 2 mufflers, so really they'd only be good for half an S2000

The RSX-S/ITR mufflers would be a better match.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
      I have an DC2 ITR muffler sitting in the basement getting ready for an install on a better day. Its suppose to be the same as the 05+ RSX type S mufflers or so I was informed. Do you know if thats true by any chance?

I can't say for sure. I just know that one of the technical changes from 01-04 RSX-S to 05+ RSX-S was that they enlarged the exhaust to 2.5".
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Does anyone have an ITR or preferably an RSX Type S muffler for SALE???
        I'll take it off your hands...

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Search HT or google it...

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

haha damn you...you figured out my idea what i did..im running an OEM lexus IS300 exhaust it looks sexy and sounds good and quite but mean when you smash on it..
            Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
            ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

why not get the y-pipe and stillen exhaust with the nismo muffler that should free up some of that restrictiveness. Or ask some people from nissan.org those are the people you need to get wit and ask them. I can only imagine a vq35 swap in that chassis and damn. But you gonna need a helluvalot more than that to keep up with me.

Comment

=h22sparkleBut you gonna need a helluvalot more than that to keep up with me.

anyway anybody try a 9093 accord exhaust? i hear the twin tip ones look good and dont sound bad!!!! lol jokes what about an STI exhaust for those turbo'd folks out there? i bet that would sound freakin killer
                Originally posted by jboyce
                i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord

anyway anybody try a 9093 accord exhaust? i hear the twin tip ones look good and dont sound bad!!!! lol jokes what about an STI exhaust for those turbo'd folks out there? i bet that would sound freakin killer
                  The motor makes the sound... not the muffler...

I think I'm gonna go with a straight pipe on the Max...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    The motor makes the sound... not the muffler...

I think I'm gonna go with a straight pipe on the Max...

ya cause no matter if you have a fart can or an oem exhaust on a stock motor its still gonna sound the same.......
                    Originally posted by jboyce
                    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

fuck it....NO EXHAUST

just open header!

Im kidding!!!!

anyone every think of using the 93-96 RX7 twin turbo muffler?

those sound pretty nice!
                      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                        fuck it....NO EXHAUST

just open header!
                        I actually tried that once. Though it wasn't by choice. The flex pipe rusted away and left me with the lovely open header honda sound. It was fun for about a week. Then the fumes started to make me sick and the excess noise gave me a headache on trips longer then 20 minutes.

It is indeed a race only mod because that's the only time a open header sounds half way decent. WOT FTW!!!
                        ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                          ya cause no matter if you have a fart can or an oem exhaust on a stock motor its still gonna sound the same.......
                          Obviously a muffler changes the sound. But if u put a WRX motor on your Accord it's not gonna sound like a WRX. That's what I meant.

Comment

Obviously a muffler changes the sound. But if u put a WRX motor on your Accord it's not gonna sound like a WRX. That's what I meant.
                            Not always.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i like the evo mufflers...
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Bent valves in an Accord can result in a sound just like a WRX...not that I know or anything...
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X