Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

header whine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header whine?

installed an ebay header and i notice a whirring/whining/hissing noise coming from underneath or up front when i get on it a little. i double checked all the bolts to make sure they're still seated tight, and everything is ok. anyone have any ideas? or is this supposed to be normal? it's louder then my shortram intake...

still whining

Comment

what do you means "it's whining"
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

notice a whirring/whining/hissing noise coming from underneath or up front when i get on it a little.
        ^^^
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

replace your gasket.. i bet 100% thats it (between headers and engine)

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
            replace your gasket.. i bet 100% thats it (between headers and engine)
            would a felpro be better to use instead of the eBay gasket?

Comment

I just got my exhaust done at what is supposed to be a good exhaust shop, and I have the exact sound you are referring to. I have everything brand new from the header back. I asked them what the sound was and they looked at it and told me that it was the flex pipe on the header making the noise because the insides were rippled and they wanted to sell me a smooth one and replace it. The gasket between the header and the engine is new and so is the one that joins the two header parts together (I made it out of some gasket material that the parts store told me was for exhaust gaskets). They were both properly torqued down. if anyone knows where to get a gasket for a after market header let me know cause I don't wanna have to make one again.
              p.s. the dohc f22b is a beast after getting the exhaust done.
              spin city

Comment

As mentioned replace the gasket. Exhaust leaks are fun.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

both of my gaskets are just fine.
                  spin city

Comment

copper spary lots of it, worked for me.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
                      copper spary lots of it, worked for me.

the guy that did my exhaust said never to use any type of spray sealant on exhaust and that a good gasket is more then enough

Comment

well the only way to find an exaust leak is to have someone block the exit on the muffler and someone else should check for the leak.

as for gaskets for aftermarket headers hmmmmmmmm i can't help you there.

see if you can e mail the guy who you bought it from. he might help you in that field.
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

dude.. go to advanced.. buy a gasket.. like 5 dollars.. you HAVE to replace the gasket everytime... trust me

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                            well the only way to find an exaust leak is to have someone block the exit on the muffler and someone else should check for the leak.
                            Good advice there.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord

as for gaskets for aftermarket headers hmmmmmmmm i can't help you there.

see if you can e mail the guy who you bought it from. he might help you in that field.
                              Not really effective but decent. Carb Cleaner works wonders. Hear for the change in tone and it works. Just dont go too crazy since carb cleaner IS flammable. Also water is another good substitute. Cant really hear the change as much but it still works.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X