Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ are they made for the F22 ? I asking because it looks kinda longer. Well maybe its just the angel of the picture

Comment

they are about 1.5mm longer
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

HondaFan81 has the Probe ones you mentioned. And I did notice that moderate horsepower increase note. I think cause they're I beam and pretty lightweight. They've got to be good enough for anything but a really high horsepower build.

I'm really interested to know if the Pauter, Crower and other $700 ones are worth it or if these cheaper rods are good enough. Scat and Eagle make some H beams for the H22 that are $3xx.

Import builders should be respectable because they really do build quality engines with crazy tolerances. I'm having them do my block.

I haven't found much info on personal experiences with a rod breaking or so. And there's very little info on this website cause we're all poor and ghetto.
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
          HondaFan81 has the Probe ones you mentioned. And I did notice that moderate horsepower increase note. I think cause they're I beam and pretty lightweight. They've got to be good enough for anything but a really high horsepower build.

I'm really interested to know if the Pauter, Crower and other $700 ones are worth it or if these cheaper rods are good enough. Scat and Eagle make some H beams for the H22 that are $3xx.

Import builders should be respectable because they really do build quality engines with crazy tolerances. I'm having them do my block.

I haven't found much info on personal experiences with a rod breaking or so. And there's very little info on this website cause we're all poor and ghetto.
          pioneers*
          I <3 G60.

Comment

NA really needs good rods... cheap ones can crack or stretch under the stress of high RPMs. If you're not planning on revving to 9000+, then the really expensive rods probably aren't necessary.

Turbo doesn't put quite as much strain on the rods. The compressive stress of turbo is less harmful than high revs are for NA. The main thing to worry about with turbo is heat.

Comment

So for the price are these cat rods "IT"?!

Comment

It?
                I <3 G60.

Comment

When it comes to internals, what is "it" is largely based on your needs. Eagle rods will work for a 10psi turbo setup. Carillo rods would be overkill. Flip that, and Eagle rods would be idiotic in a 35psi turbo setup!

If you need someone to tell you what brand to get, you clearly don't know enough about the engine you plan on building. Learn what rods are good, both brand and type, for your specific needs. THEN you can find the proper ones for your engine.

Comment

to tell you the truth deev, there are a lot of info out there about rods and pistons, but not enough experience feedback when it comes to using them....

for the 230-250whp that this guy is looking for, i believe the eagle rods should be fine.

what would you guys suggest for pistons when it comes to this kind of whp????
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

230 to 250 aint shit with a turbo.

id stick to some probe pistons...i think ILBB is selling them.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

I'd jump on these
                        http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=89164

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

what im really asking is would the rods support 300 ish whp with nitrous

Comment

Working...
                          X