Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

stock fuel rail good for boost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock fuel rail good for boost??

as the title says, is the stock fuel rail good for a boosted motor as long as i use an aftermarket fpr??
    OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

You don't even NEED an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

You should worry about your fuel pump and wiring it correctly(stock wiring is shitty) and your fuel injectors being big enough first.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

is there a diy for better wiring of the stock pump?

Comment

Do you honestly need one?

Just run thicker gauge wire. Run it directly to the battery, with a relay/fuse in-line.

Comment

Then wouldnt it always be on? Or is there an auxilery wire for turn on? This is why 10th, asked for a diagram, Because not everyone is that familiar with wiring nor the fuel pump. Ive never had to rewire one myself, but I do agree 18-20 gauge is not good for something so importent/draws so much amperage. I would highly recommend you use a walbro in fashion of a 255lph fuel pump, so you wont have to upgrade in the future, and at minumum 450cc injectors, depending on psi of boost etc.

WaC!

Comment

Do you know how a relay works?
            The following relay is a standard bosch relay.

Where is says "stock 12+ wire", use the wire that originally went to the fuel pump, or use any KOEO pin from the ecu.
            Last edited by d112crzy; 01-27-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

is 86 to be wired to something like a cig lighter ?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                is 86 to be wired to something like a cig lighter ?
                No, wired to nothing. Or not used.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

87a is not used. 86 appears to use a 12+ from the car not the battery.

Comment

^^^ 86 is connected to a 12v ignition source. IE cig lighter.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      You don't even NEED an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

You should worry about your fuel pump and wiring it correctly(stock wiring is shitty) and your fuel injectors being big enough first.
                      i am going to use dsm injectors. i am thinking about using a walbro 255 lph pump also. i thought about using the adjustable fpr for tuning reasons.
                      OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

RL acuras have bigger pumps too.

Comment

Originally posted by T04ECB7
                          i am going to use dsm injectors. i am thinking about using a walbro 255 lph pump also. i thought about using the adjustable fpr for tuning reasons.
                          What are you going to use for fuel management? If you're going to use a chipped ecu or a full standalone, you don't need an adjustable fpr.

Comment

my question is...will the stock setup be good for a 150 wet shot?

of course forged internals, msd ignition and a chipped ecu (and some tuneage) i still want to pass smog.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              What are you going to use for fuel management? If you're going to use a chipped ecu or a full standalone, you don't need an adjustable fpr.
                              i am using an APEXI S-AFC with a wideband.
                              OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X