Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu

Post The different ecu our cars have what are the best to chip and how much will u gain with h/i/e
    1992 Accord Cb7:

yeah i was wondering about this too...i heard you can use a different ecu to gain 10hp in a f series but i forgot which one it way.

Comment

Originally posted by kantkillkeenan View Post
      yeah i was wondering about this too...i heard you can use a different ecu to gain 10hp in a f series but i forgot which one it way.
      that would be the p12 ecu
      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

The only one for the f22a is the p06 from a civic...you cant tune an accord ecu.

Comment

tru

Comment

p06 are from the 96 upcivic?
            1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

pt3
              - stock 90-93 accord a1/a4 ecu

pt6
              - stock 90-93 accord a6 ecu

p12
              - prelude S ECU
              - 10 hp gain on a stock F22
              - useless for a heavily modded F22. because it cannot be chipped/tuned like a civic ECU

p06
              - 92-95 civic ECU (non-vtec)
              - in stock form cannot run any engine besides the civic engine
              - can be chipped/tuned to run any stock/lightly or heavily modded B/D/F/H series
              - has to be converted to VTEC to run VTEC engines

p28
              - 92-95 civic ECU (vtec)
              - same as p06 except it doesn't need to be converted to vtec, it is already a vtec ecu
              - after it is chipped/tuned it can run both VTEC and nonVTEC engines

Comment

with an I/H/E you will not gain much but there are a lot of variables.

example 1.
                short ram intake+generic exhaust (they are 2.25")+generic header(they have 1.75" collectors)
                you will be lucky to gain 10hp after a tune

example 2.
                cold air intake with an air duct+2.5" exhaust+bisi header
                the gains could be pretty significant

Comment

i see must have a cam see any real gains
                  1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

would a p12 out of a 92 'lude work ok in a 93 cb7 ex?
                    Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                    Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
                      would a p12 out of a 92 'lude work ok in a 93 cb7 ex?
                      I can't remember what engine is in the 93 ex, if it's the F22a6 you're better off sticking with the ecu in there to run the Iab's. If it's the a1 go with the p12 for an extra 10hp.
                      Last edited by Ander; 03-11-2010, 11:03 PM.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

it's the f22a1. i just went and checked right now cause i couldn't remember. so i'm on the prowl now for a p12. thanks for the help!
                        Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                        Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

found a p06 for 20 bucks is it worth it? to tune?
                          1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                            The only one for the f22a is the p06 from a civic...you cant tune an accord ecu.
                            Actually, you can tune the Accord PT6 ECU. It's just not as flexible as the P06 and there are a few things in the PT6 that can't be changed.

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
                            i see must have a cam see any real gains
                            Yea, a camshaft is going to benefit you the most with a tune, becuase a camshaft is probably one of the most significant power adders when it comes to bolt ons. Yes, a camshaft is a bolt on.

When using an aftermarket camshaft, it is pretty much useless without a tune. You wouldn't be utilizing it for it's capabilities without tuning air/fuel throughout the powerband to accomodate it.

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
                            found a p06 for 20 bucks is it worth it? to tune?
                            It'd be worth it because that's usually what the P06 runs for these days. However, unless you plan on upgrading at least to a different camshaft, I wouldn't bother getting another ECU and tuning a stock motor.

Grab a bisi level 1 or 2 cam, then tow the car to a dyno tuner and drop $300 on a good tune for that P06 to run your engine with your new camshaft, and other bolt ons.
                            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                              Actually, you can tune the Accord PT6 ECU. It's just not as flexible as the P06 and there are a few things in the PT6 that can't be changed.

Yea, a camshaft is going to benefit you the most with a tune, becuase a camshaft is probably one of the most significant power adders when it comes to bolt ons. Yes, a camshaft is a bolt on.

When using an aftermarket camshaft, it is pretty much useless without a tune. You wouldn't be utilizing it for it's capabilities without tuning air/fuel throughout the powerband to accomodate it.

It'd be worth it because that's usually what the P06 runs for these days. However, unless you plan on upgrading at least to a different camshaft, I wouldn't bother getting another ECU and tuning a stock motor.

Grab a bisi level 1 or 2 cam, then tow the car to a dyno tuner and drop $300 on a good tune for that P06 to run your engine with your new camshaft, and other bolt ons.
                              i see thanks ill just wait for the h22
                              1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Working...
                              X