Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU Upgrade For F22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Upgrade For F22a

can i upgrade my pt6(f22a6) to something better?
    RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

P12 from a 92-96 Prelude with an F22A1..
    Last edited by islandhopper; 08-28-2011, 10:01 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

The P12 won't operate the IABS. P06 tuned for your car is probably your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        The P12 won't operate the IABS. P06 tuned for your car is probably your best bet.
        Visualpoet is right on that one.
        The P12 will be an upgrade for an F22A1 or F22A4.
        The F22A6 has IAB's and the P12 does not support them.

A properly tuned and chipped P06 is your best choice, but I'd have some good mods before you do any tuning. No point tuning a stock F22A motor.
        Current:
        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Heres something actually very interesting to read

Adding IAB function to a p12 ECU

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21718

for those who like me have done, added a H23 intake manifold, you can order the IAB adding transistors Q27 and Q11.

Q27 : 2SD1780 & Q11 : A143.

Wired the bypass control solénoid valve (IAB) at the ECU in A17, and the battery to the bypass control solénoid valve (IAB).

The intake control solenoid valve (input ECU A19) must be connected for to not have 20 error code. I have not yet found the ROM address to cut it.

Comment

i didnt see anything on that site tippey.
            RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Thats because that site is dildos and you must log in to view shit.

Comment

So is a p12 a plug and play upgrade or is there more involved?
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yes, its a plug and play dammit....its comes from the 92-95 prelude type s with f22a1, except it has the p12 for 10hp more than stock accord f22a1....

is obd1, how wont it not fit?

Why not just delete the stupid IAB's, and just put the ECU?
                  Or either just plug into a vacuum....

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                    Yes, its a plug and play dammit....its comes from the 92-95 prelude type s with f22a1, except it has the p12 for 10hp more than stock accord f22a1....

Damn... I was simply asking if it was a simple plug and play, or if there was more to do other than just plugging it in. Take a chill pill

Comment

i wouldn't say type S since that makes it sound like a good model when in reality its the crappiest model.

Comment

It's the Prelude S, not type S. You can disconnect the iab and the butterflies will stay open. I can't tell you how it will do with the cam in the a6, but it works just fine with my stage one cam.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                          Damn... I was simply asking if it was a simple plug and play, or if there was more to do other than just plugging it in. Take a chill pill
                          haha i was just tired from work....grrr. but you get my point dude...

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          i wouldn't say type S since that makes it sound like a good model when in reality its the crappiest model.
                          and yes, the prelude S is the crappiest model of the 4th gen prelude...good motor tho....

Comment

I wouldn't say "crappiest". It's just the base model.

The P12 is designed for the F22A1... which means if you use it on an F22A6, you're dealing with a different intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and camshaft. That ECU is not tuned for those things, so there is no guarantee it will be an upgrade, even if IAB function is added to the ECU. The PT6 is the best option.

A tuned P06 is a decent option, but only when sufficient modifications have been made to justify it. NO custom tune is going to be as good as a factory tune. Ever. And the PT6 ECU is actually tuned quite well. Unlike the H22's P13, which is notorious for running rich, the PT3 and PT6 don't leave much room for improvement on a stock or near stock engine.
                            I say if you don't at least have an upgraded camshaft, you don't need to even consider a custom tune.

Comment

haha i was just tired from work....grrr. but you get my point dude...

and yes, the prelude S is the crappiest model of the 4th gen prelude...good motor tho....
                              It's all good, I get the same way sometimes.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I wouldn't say "crappiest". It's just the base model.

The P12 is designed for the F22A1... which means if you use it on an F22A6, you're dealing with a different intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and camshaft. That ECU is not tuned for those things, so there is no guarantee it will be an upgrade, even if IAB function is added to the ECU. The PT6 is the best option.

A tuned P06 is a decent option, but only when sufficient modifications have been made to justify it. NO custom tune is going to be as good as a factory tune. Ever. And the PT6 ECU is actually tuned quite well. Unlike the H22's P13, which is notorious for running rich, the PT3 and PT6 don't leave much room for improvement on a stock or near stock engine.
                              I say if you don't at least have an upgraded camshaft, you don't need to even consider a custom tune.
                              So say you have an A1 w/ h23/A6 double stack IM, IAB's just hooked to a vacuum line, and I/H/E. Is it the p12 or pt6?

Comment

Working...
                              X