Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

wideband/ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
    I knew it would work. My only concern is since the normal operating range is 0-5 and you have it scaled from 0-3. The changes you make will be greater. Which is essentially what Ghost said.

But I'm curious. Did you set just the AFR or do you still have a fuel map? That may sound really stupid, but I am trying to tune. I have set up the AFR based on load and temp and what not. and it seems to be staying around the normal AFR. I am wondering If I still need to adjust the fuel number some. If I set the AFR to run 14.7 Running closed loop.

Not trying to thread jack. I just can't seem to find an answer.

I'm still learning.
    thats why i made this thread is because i LOOKED AND LOOKED and found just a bunch of dead old threads that didnt have anything on it. But I am using lambda and targeting 14.7 throughout the first 1/2 of them map then gradually richer after that, i have my WOT towards redline at 12.5

Comment

You should really be basing your target lambda or AFR's on power output/engine performance and not just blind numbers. Yes there are basic targets to start from however, if you are really looking to tune your engine for it's best gains. You need to base your targets off where your engine sees it's best gains. Not all engines work there best at 12.5 @ WOT & 14.7 @ idle. I have had cars that loved 15-16 Afr at idle/cruise and 13.5 @ WOT. Boosted engines are completely different and usually require more fuel at WOT, there idle and cruising characteristics can be the same as N/A engine though.

FYI, Lambda and AFR are two different units of measuring an engines fuel to air ratio. You ether tune using lambda or AFR's. Sounds like you are using AFRs. AFR's usually range from 8.8:1 to 22:1 with 14.7:1 being the stoichiometric (balanced air to fuel point) . While lambda readings go from 0 to 1.5 where 1 is the stoichiometric (balanced air to fuel point).
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-28-2013, 08:57 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        You should really be basing your target lambda or AFR's on power output/engine performance and not just blind numbers. Yes there are basic targets to start from however, if you are really looking to tune your engine for it's best gains. You need to base your targets off where your engine sees it's best gains. Not all engines work there best at 12.5 @ WOT & 14.7 @ idle. I have had cars that loved 15-16 Afr at idle/cruise and 13.5 @ WOT. Boosted engines are completely different and usually require more fuel at WOT, there idle and cruising characteristics can be the same as N/A engine though.

FYI, Lambda and AFR are two different units of measuring an engines fuel to air ratio. You ether tune using lambda or AFR's. Sounds like you are using AFRs. AFR's usually range from 8.8:1 to 22:1 with 14.7:1 being the stoichiometric (balanced air to fuel point) . While lambda readings go from 0 to 1.5 where 1 is the stoichiometric (balanced air to fuel point).
        lambda is to afr as miles are to kilometers. they both mean the same thing in the end. yes you can use lambda target or afr target, but either way you still have to have wideband in lambda mode, its just different on the screen.

Comment

Working...
        X