Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Beginner tuning setup? What is needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that "no soldering required", or is that "no, soldering IS required"

sorry the coma threw me off hah
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

no need to solder at all. mrx does all the soldering you need. all you do is burn the chip and pop it in the zif socket.
      heres a lil link on how to chip ecu's.
      http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html

that blue socket is what you will be inserting and taking your chip out of everytime.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ok i get that part, now how do i get the data onto the chip? i need to connect the chip to the computer somehow correct? is this what a chip burner does? it connects via usb/serial and you put the chip in it? I think i finally get it

MRX do youyr ecu's come with the ZIF socket or is that have to be purchased after i get the ecu?

thanks guys!
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

maybe you should check out his fs thread. it says everything it comes with.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...214#post474214

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea, check out the for sale thread. No soldering is required. I didn't even know i put a comma in that sentence last time lol. The chip burning process is no different from burning to a rewritable cd. The chip is your cd and the chip burner is the cd burner. You burn information to the chip and place it in the ecu, you burn information to a cd and place it in the cd player. The blue ZIF socket makes it easy to change the chip in and out because of the locking lever type device.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
              hey im new to this, but i have a simple question;

i will be boosting my f22a1 soon, and if i buy an mrx ecu, i still need a chip burner if im gonna tune it using uberdata/wideband? does this mean i have to solder a new chip in everytime? thanks a lot!
              This is also where that emulator comes in handy. Rather than burning a chip each time you make an adjustment, you can just load it on the emulator and fire that up. It will save a lot of time when you learn to use it.

Comment

don't listen to any of these guys. especially antoine. he has no fuckin clue what he's talking about. royalties on the h23 map, son.
                I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
                  don't listen to any of these guys. especially antoine. he has no fuckin clue what he's talking about. royalties on the h23 map, son.

did that checksum work?
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX

did that checksum work?
                    no comment, yet. stay tuned!
                    I hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
                    X