Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Honda Wideband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Wideband

Nearly got the car ready to run. I've ordered Hondata so should receive it next week. My Accord never had an oxy sensor originally (has IMA instead) and I'm putting a wideband on it any way.
    My question is: Has anyone used the Honda wideband sensors? And with what results? (5 wire type)
    They came in 1995 civic Vtec-E, and also in DC5 Integra (Type R?)
    Also how would I go about wiring one in for use with a P28 ecu? Or do you have to have a wideband controller?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

bump. . . I am interested as well in this. Thumbs Up. BTW evil demon 01 what is a IMA? Thanks hope some one on the forum helps you. Keep us updated. peace

Comment

eh contact tech edge in austrailia

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
        bump. . . I am interested as well in this. Thumbs Up. BTW evil demon 01 what is a IMA? Thanks hope some one on the forum helps you. Keep us updated. peace
        IMA = Idle Mixture Adjustment screw (above Ecu and only on cars w/o Cata)

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

the wideband does it's own thing once paired with an engine management system, it doesn't necessarily have to connect straight to the ECU

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

To run a wideband with a Hondata, you need a controller. Check out the Hondata forums, these questions and more have been asked and answered. It's a great resource for those of us lucky enough to own a Hondata system.
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

The 5 wire sensors are very expensive. The Volkswagon sensors are used much more because they cost around 30-40 bucks for the sensor. With either sensor unit you will need the controller because Wideband O2's function very differently then a narrowband.

In anycase to interface your wideband to your ECU you will need to use the analog output of your wideband controller and connect that to your ECU's O2 input. Then it is up to your tunning software of choice to interpret the voltages that represent the different afr's. You will probably have to set your tunning software's O2 values to that of the output of you wideband O2 so that they match. Then you're good to go.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

The ntk 5 wire wideband o2s are expensive but tend to last longer, the new bosch lsu wideband o2 life span is shorter then the ntk models. You don't want your wideband running your ecu, you just want it for tunning purposes. you basically tap into the output to the display screen wire from the control unit and connect it to the ecu o2 input wire. While datalogging you can run in a trace mode I believe if your using hondata and it indicates how off your fuel is to the the present o2 reading.

edit: Forgot to mention I have the tech edge wideband o2.
                Last edited by Accord SiR; 07-02-2007, 11:08 AM.
                Carlos
                My Members Ride Page

Comment

so hondata is better than c-rome right ?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                    so hondata is better than c-rome right ?
                    That's a matter of opinion. As an OBD-1 option I prefer Crome over Hondata because I beleive it is a better tool. It's also a less expensive option for both the tuner and end user. Having experience tunning and installing both that is my preference.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

In my opinion, I haven't delt with crome so I can't say anything about it. As for hondata, I would have to bash it do to the fact that you needed to burn chips have a romulator to tune. The final price tag for all the stuff puts you close to the aem ems. Now I would say hondata has its act together by intrudicing the s300 which allows updating the tune via usb port and having a flash rom chip in the ecu on its own seperate board.
                      Carlos
                      My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
                        In my opinion, I haven't delt with crome so I can't say anything about it. As for hondata, I would have to bash it do to the fact that you needed to burn chips have a romulator to tune. The final price tag for all the stuff puts you close to the aem ems. Now I would say hondata has its act together by intrudicing the s300 which allows updating the tune via usb port and having a flash rom chip in the ecu on its own seperate board.
                        I have the S300, You can save datalogs onto the ECU and download them when your finished (20 mins worth), and everything is in realtime so you can even make adjustments when the car is running.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                        X