Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

chipped p28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chipped p28

so yea i bought a chipped p28 that is supposed to have an h22 basemap on it, but there are no resistors soldered into c51 and c52. i was told they needed to be there is this true?

bump

Comment

does the ecu work?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

dont know, the car its going in isnt running at the moment. i have another cb with an h swap, but its an auto so i cant run the p28 in it.

Comment

Those are optional. Your ecu will work without those.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

k what are they used for?

Comment

They aren't resistors, they're capacitors.

Comment

ok so capacitors, what functionality does it give the ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by newtuner7
                  dont know, the car its going in isnt running at the moment. i have another cb with an h swap, but its an auto so i cant run the p28 in it.
                  Try it anyways. People have used chipped P06 in autos without killing them.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by newtuner7
                    ok so capacitors, what functionality does it give the ecu?
                    Do you know about electronics?

The capacitors filter out stupid voltage readings. They help smooth everything out.

Comment

no i dont know about electronics. thats y i am asking you guys.... i wanted to know whether or not i should get my buddy to solder them in.

Comment

If you know someone who can do it for you might as well. there a dime a dozen for the .1uF Capacitor.

d112crzy, can you elaborate.
                        Why are C51 & C52 optional? What function of the ECU do they relate to?
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

They smooth out the data the ecu uses. That way, it has more accurate readings.

Some people have complained that their ecu doesn't work right without them. I've tuned with an ecu that didn't have them and did have readings that were slightly off. But nothing major. The car ran flawless besides the false readings a the laptop.

You ever use a plx wideband? They come with pretty much the same capacitors. You install them right before the ecu, on d14. They filter out any electrical noise that could interupt the signal from the wb controller.

Comment

Working...
                          X