Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

knock sensor, egr, iabs, whos running and whos not running these with boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knock sensor, egr, iabs, whos running and whos not running these with boost?

Just wondering who is running and who is not running knock sensor, egr, and iab's (a6 im) with their boosted accords? Not sure if to keep knock sensor and iab, im for sure tossing the egr.

Thanks in advance
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

I'm not running any of the things you listed

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
      Just wondering who is running and who is not running knock sensor, egr, and iab's (a6 im) with their boosted accords? Not sure if to keep knock sensor and iab, im for sure tossing the egr.

Thanks in advance
      are you asking if there are any problems associated with removing those sensors?

For anyone running a chipped ecu the egr is already disabled seeing as the civic and integra ecu's don't control the egr anyways.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i guess that is what im asking lol after i posted i did more research and found out that removing knock sensor is not an issue at all.

Im still not sure if to remove iabs or not, on a 400whp+ boosted application, im sure u still want the secondaries closed at lower rpm.

What other sensors/useless shit is ok to remove with a chipped ecu/boosted app?
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Removing the knock sensor actually benefits you. Honda knock sensors suck ass.

I'd leave the IAB's open.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

[QUOTE=d112crzy]Removing the knock sensor actually benefits you. Honda knock sensors suck ass.

QUOTE]

How is that?

I havent been using any of these sensors dont need em!
            I hogged out my iabs with a mill so they are no longer existant.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

They suck at actually detecting knock. They retard timing for absolutely no reason.

Comment

and sometimes retard on just engine noise alone.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

so whats everyone's opinion on the IABs? leave always open, always closed, or leave the IAB system in-tact?

Comment

my opinion

unhook it and hook it up and see where you want the power, i like it better without. kinda feels like my car is slugish with it hooked up. I bought a used box tho, it possibly is not workingly correctly, but this is the case with both my cars. I dont like it, and really think its not worth it.

I also run none of these sensors! runs fantastic with a tune by d112crzy animal!
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

My IAB's are stuck open.
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

it wont hurt the motor n/a with stock ecu not having all these connected will it? i know i will get a bunch of check engine light codes, but other than that is it ok? reason is, im gonna drop my motor in without all these, drive it for a month+ and than boost it and throw in the bigger injectors and chipped ecu.

Comment

The ecu won't know wheather the iabs are hooked up or not. It makes no difference to the ecu either way.

the only thing it may hurt is bottom end performance.

Comment

im going to be running my iabs normally where they open at 4k. i just love that extra kick in the ass power.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                              im going to be running my iabs normally where they open at 4k. i just love that extra kick in the ass power.

kinda like a poor mans vtec lol!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X