Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Question on widebands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on widebands

Ok when i install my wideband, should i also make a hole in the downpipe and weld a vibrant o2 plug and put my sensor in so that my car doesnt act up without a o2? or when tuning comes into play it will fix that problem?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

When you are tuning you are able to disable the O2 sensor so it wont give you problems

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

if you have a chipped ECU (or anything better like an s300 or something), there's usually an option in teh software to turn the o2 sensor CEL off, so you only need one bung for the wideband in your downpipe.

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

Originally posted by twokexlv6coupe
        if you have a chipped ECU (or anything better like an s300 or something), there's usually an option in teh software to turn the o2 sensor CEL off, so you only need one bung for the wideband in your downpipe.
        I use the s300 with LC-1 wideband.
        You can set it up so it reads wideband and it has a narrowband output as well whis can be used at the same time - basically 2 sensors in one

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

tune with both if you can. That way you can tune closed loop with the influence of the 02 sensor so you can judge how much swing the a/f has. I'd tune closed loop with it off first to get it close to 14.7 then add in the 02 and make sure it keeps it within a reasonable range
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Whats the cheapest wideband out there. With the sensor and display and everything. Not trying to be a noob. Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
              Whats the cheapest wideband out there. With the sensor and display and everything. Not trying to be a noob. Just wondering.
              innovative on ebay.
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

m300 is a little more expensive I think than the lc1+gauge, but it's also MUCH simpler to install/remove.

The LC1 has a lot more versatitiy if you ever want to log anything else tho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                X