Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo auto in the works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12gage
    so your putting the H tranny on a F series? +75% added to a a6 would make the hp around 200, so you do have a point. Why cant a tranny that was built stock for 200 hp not last on another motor pushing the same? But thiers alot more variables to the equation, but i get your point.
    Because your still looking at Hp not Tq.
    Yes the H22A puts out 190-220hp, but it only makes 156-167ft/lbf of Tq (at the crank).
    If you look in this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=103147 you will see that the lowest torque made is by Quaidum (on an F22A) of 207tq (and thats at the wheels) - Thats an extra 40-50ft/lbf of Tq, on a stock H22.
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 05-02-2008, 04:29 PM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Yes the H22A puts out 190-220hp, but it only makes 156-167ft/lbf of Tq (at the crank).
      If you look in this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=103147 you will see that the lowest torque made is by Quaidum (on an F22A) of 207tq (and thats at the wheels) - Thats an extra 40-50ft/lbf of Tq, on a stock H22.
      yes, but do you think the tranny can hold the extra torque with a large tranny cooler and some good ATF?

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Originally posted by pig pen
        yes, but do you think the tranny can hold the extra torque with a large tranny cooler and some good ATF?
        It will help prevent wear, but it will not ultimately stop it.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

It will, But for how long is anybodys guess.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

It will, But for how long is anybodys guess.
            thanks, i just want something out of the ordinary on my car! im shootin for around 215 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels at around 8 pounds of boost?

Comment

I say you go for what's practical more than you go for what is out of the ordinary. The auto trans will most likely end up going out on you, and as such you will end up doing another tranny swap as well. I say do it right the first time with a manual swap, however, it isnt my car, and if you want it to be out of the ordinary, then this will allow that. It won't matter how much tq youre making though if you can't use it.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                I say you go for what's practical more than you go for what is out of the ordinary. The auto trans will most likely end up going out on you, and as such you will end up doing another tranny swap as well. I say do it right the first time with a manual swap, however, it isnt my car, and if you want it to be out of the ordinary, then this will allow that. It won't matter how much tq youre making though if you can't use it.
                ^^ X2
                If you pay the money for a H22 trans, then have it rebuilt as well. Only to find it loses drive in 10,000kms - then its money down the drain.
                Each to their own, and I'm not one to comment on what you should or shouldn't do. Hell I did a F20A carby turbo build on my last accord, even though everyone said Don't do it - And yea It blew within 1500kms.
                Its easy to learn from mistakes, But not so easy to recover the money lost from them.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

If you want the H22A auto trans to last as much as it could, I suggest you get the JDM H22a auto trans with LSD, it a bit stronger. from my experience it is able to hold over 250ft/lb at the wheel with no problem over a year now as my dailey driver. Then Again I don't drive/race like a bat out of H3ll. I take care of my auto trans well. Beside getting a good auto tranny cooler and change your ATF fluid, help your tranny but the way you drive/race is what kill it. If you don't have a aftermarket high stall(rpm) tq converter I suggest less aggressive driving/race from a stop it put your stress on your trans internal when you floor it from a complete stop on a auto tranny. All my racing are from a rolling start. avoid doing harmful neutral drop- a swap h22a lsd uato trans is a bit stronger has much less millage then stock accord auto trany- treat it well and will last for a good while but not forever. myself and my 2 friend are pushing over 250wtq on h22 lsd auto going to year 2 now.. A built up tranny would be best- but so far it holding up so far.. GL and happy boosting
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

appreciate the correction, my bad, misunderstood.
                    Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
                    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
                    Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
                    Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
                    Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                      If you want the H22A auto trans to last as much as it could, I suggest you get the JDM H22a auto trans with LSD, it a bit stronger. from my experience it is able to hold over 250ft/lb at the wheel with no problem over a year now as my dailey driver. Then Again I don't drive/race like a bat out of H3ll. I take care of my auto trans well. Beside getting a good auto tranny cooler and change your ATF fluid, help your tranny but the way you drive/race is what kill it. If you don't have a aftermarket high stall(rpm) tq converter I suggest less aggressive driving/race from a stop it put your stress on your trans internal when you floor it from a complete stop on a auto tranny. All my racing are from a rolling start. avoid doing harmful neutral drop- a swap h22a lsd uato trans is a bit stronger has much less millage then stock accord auto trany- treat it well and will last for a good while but not forever. myself and my 2 friend are pushing over 250wtq on h22 lsd auto going to year 2 now.. A built up tranny would be best- but so far it holding up so far.. GL and happy boosting
                      i really think that this setup should do quite well but thats just me i guess?

Comment

im supporting you bro. id send out the trans to gear speed and let them modify it.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

wouldnt the h23 trans be better ???? i heard they can handle up to 300hp stock
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

JMO USA, look them up, I got some stuff from them with my old auto drag build, but it only lasted 2 years,( a great two years though but pricey after). Get a 5spd conversion in there son! The only thing Auto Turbo is good for is DRAG and even then it never lasts long.
                            Confucius say...when god gives you gators...make Gatorade

Comment

Working...
                            X