Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bad Bov????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Bov????

Well i was driving today and everything was goin dandy and i get to a stoplight. I take off and shift from 1st to 2nd and didnt hear my bov.....Usually i dont from first to 2nd cuz im not really in boost so sometimes it doesnt blow off. Then i went from 2nd-3rd and it made like a low pitched BUURRR sound and i was like wtf?!?!?!? So i punch it and im not gettin squat worth boost and i shift into 4th and it makes that weird noise again. Has anyone else had a bov go bad? Im pretty sure the bov is the culperate cuz i checked everything else. No vacuum leaks, no holes, no blown couplers or anything of the sort....... I think when i hit boost the bov is releasing pressure so i cant boost. I find it kind of strange that it happened on only 8 psi of boost. I guess thats what i get for buying from ebay. Anyone else have this happen or heard anything like this happening? Its one of the ebay type s bovs. Greddy replica. Anything else i should check or test?

what turbo do you have? let me guess, internal wastegate dsm.

Comment

yeah but the wastegate was tested and its fine......i actually just switched them

Comment

Not having any real life turbo experience, but being able to comprehend what I read, Id say you answered your own question.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

If the BOV is leaking, you will usually be able to hear it leaking as the turbo tries to spool up to the wastegate pressure.
          Take the BOV off and have a look if the valve is sticking.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
          X