Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Gm 3 bar map sensor Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gm 3 bar map sensor Q?

Part # 12223861
    I recently ordered one direct from GM, I am wondering if anyone has a diagram or can explain to me how to hook this thing up(can it simply replace the stock map sensor?) and where to liberate the harness plug for it. Also what all do I have to do to Uberdata to make it work ie maps etc. I want to tune for 20lbs but run a max of say 15-18 on the track, DD at 10lbs.
    My engine is built and am using chipped p06 with uberdata, so anyone with help would be apreciated. Thanks!
    Here are the connections:

MAP Function MDP

A Ground Black

B Signal Light Green-Black stripe

C +5 Volts Green-Yellow stripe

WaC!

WaC!

Comment

Quote from hondata:
      "The standard Honda MAP sensor can read boost up to 11 lbs. By using a 3 bar MAP sensor boost up to 28 lbs can be read. The same fuel and ignition tables are used for both MAP sensor to swapping between the sensors is only a matter of wiring the sensor in and using ROM Editor to change the MAP sensor type."

but if I am using uberdata? how do I do this?
      I see that you can select the map sensor value to 3 bar and just want to confirm that it will automatically setup for such psi also will this mean I have to alter fuel and ign maps or just tune for acuracy?
      Thanks!
      Last edited by westsideaccord; 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM.

WaC!

Comment

Well when swapping to 3 bar.. One must recalibrate crome for it.. U simple go up to plug ins and select boost tools.. And go through the steps... select gm 3bar.. And however many columns u want.. More columns more accuracy of course.. Because more psi tables Example.. 8 tables would be like 1psi 7psi 13psi 17psi 21psi 26psi 28psi.... were as a 10 or 12 column selection allows for something like 1psi 4psi 7psi 10psi 13psi 16psi 19psi 21psi 24psi 27psi...

Here's the shatty part.. Sometimes when u do this (since ur map has already boost tables) the map doesn't like it and it scrambles.. And all ur tables are out of wack.. So what I usually do.. Is open up a stock ls rom.. And add boost tools.. 3bar.. 10col...change fuel injector to xxxcc then setup ur options.. Like disable o2.. Or adjust redline and blah blah u know the drill.. Then what I do.. Is I past my current boost columns 1 by 1.. Into their most appropriate location... example ur boost tables might be 1 3 5 7 9 and 11psi right?? So now u might have 1 4 8 12 as a small example.. So copy over the 1 column from 0rpm to 7990 or w.e copy the 5psi into ur new 4psi col.. Better rich than lean lol.. Then put ur 9psi into ur new 8psi column and then finally ur 11 into ur new 12psi column and add say 15percent fuel overall from say 3500 to redline 2 be safe and then start ur wonderful tuning adventure oh btw.. Don't forget 2 copy and paste ur ign columns 2 lol

Written from my sidekick slide while at work lol
        Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 06-11-2008, 07:40 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

exactly ^^
          and dont use uberdata.
          you may have to add fuel over the whole fuel table to compensate for the larger displacment of your motor. usually happens to me when i make a basemap from a smaller displacement engine.
          good luck!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

the accords have different wire colors than tegs and civics. so i had to figure out on my own. using haynes i figured out the wires and where they go.

btw lowdollar, im running uberdata and it works fine
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Alright, Thanks all for quick response, but I am using uberdata and it is strong, I could pay for hondata, but instead will be running a version of megasquirt in the future, but this year for sure, Uberdata. So I think weve covered all possible questions on using aftermarket map sensors other than brands. But thats usually available at H-t or at dealers website.

is there a connector I can liberate from a car at the wrecker? I saw someone else had a DIY on another forum but cant remember for the life of me!?

This is pretty much a tutorial thread. So please leave opinions at the curb! Thanks!

WaC!

Comment

great info in this thread. i have some questions about uberdata and hondata though.

i plan on doing a h22 boost setup very soon, with a g23 planned for later on. what would be the best venue for tuning? I want my system to be able to reach 400whp on the G23 but i am on a budget. I already have a chipped p28, should i get another chip tuned? should i get hondata? uberdata? crome? i am a total n00b at this. well kinda...

Comment

If you could afford it, I would recommend the Haltech E8, but if you are on a budget, then it is most likely out of the picture. 32x32 resolution makes for a mighty smooth tune my friend. I ran crome for over a year on a chipped P06 and it is a very capable platform itself.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

My thoughts exacry, uberdata and crome are for people with a real tight budget but need standalone managment. Meanwhile systems like haltech and hondata are costly but have support to back it up better, its all in skill as well most shops dont tune uberdata nor crome, but most tune the hondata system so!?>

WaC!

Comment

Ok ANY one have a f22a uberdata bin file for 3bar capability. I am having no luck trying to alter my maps to work.

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                      X